Statute barred debt - just a quicky

gyzmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If and i mean if they do bring action against you you will need to prove you have informed them the debt is statue barred.

I would advise you look in the templates and look at letter M, i think, and send the letter off. The templates can be found above these threads.

Just a question is it Mackenzie hall by any chance?

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Last week i received a letter from Lewell Portfolio asking to confirm my address. After trawling the internet i found this site and binned the letter.

This morning i recieved a letter stating that they have purchased the debt from B/Card on December 14th 2007. I haven lived at this address for over 10yrs and no contact has been made.

How does the Limitations act operate with B/Card selling the Debt, this is of cause if they actually have.

I plan to send the barred template letter within this thread, but does the fact that it has been sold effect the Limitations act.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

The simple answer is no, providing there has been no written acknowledgement of the debt or payment made by you towards the debt for a period of 6 years, then that's it, the debt is statute barred

and it cannot become unbarred

i hope this helps

regards

paul