Barclaycard - RMA - CLOSED ACCOUNT WITH £3000 OUTSTANDING

Ginger66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

wondering if anyone has any advice for me here.Basically i had a Barclaycard debt passed onto RMA collection 2 years ago,was around £4500.I was paying every month without fail £100 then found out RMA were creaming £30 of that every month.

To cut a long story short after i CCA'd RMA and sent threatening letters to them with regards to the harrasment they were giving me, the debt was passed back to Barclaycard with a debt of £3000.I was quite happy paying every month until i found out RMA were ripping me off.

After speaking to Barclaycard they said the account was yet to be passed onto another collection agency.Since then my credit file now says the account has been closed with a outstandind debt of £3000 which doesnt look good on my file.

Whats best to do ? Just leave it and hope BC do nothing,it will still be on my file. Or do you think BC would accept a settlement.I am unaware they have done this before.

Thanks

Hi Ginger,

Take a look here for starters - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/126018-barclaycard-mercers-insider-info.html - this is, however, just someone's advice/opinion.

There are various aspects here to be considered:-

1. BC can sell/pass this debt on for more aggressive collection.

2. Have you asked them to freeze the interest and accept a monthly pay't.

3. The debt remains unpaid so will show as a Default against you.

4. I assume the CCA to the DCA produced nothing. Have you CCA'd BC direct.

I'll seek some further opinion as well.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)