Debt Information Line - whats this?

sisternumber1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"This is a free public service annoucement from the Debt Information Line"

I put the telephone down then - I answered the telephone at work just a moment ago, I dialled 1471 it and it is a number witheld - any idea where this will have been coming from and why? We dont bother with caller display at work because we are mainly exporters.

For some reason this has slightly spooked me, as a lot of my daughters affairs I am attending to from work.

This sounds very similar to a couple of calls I've answered at work recently and although I'm not certain I think its the same company. I listened past the initial announcement and was informed by a recorded message that 'thousands of people who are in debt may not realise they can claim back bank charges.....:) ' and if I wanted to find out more (for free-yeah probably to start with;) ) it would take only a few minutes if I pressed option ? on my telephone keypad. Needless to say as an avid reader of this excellent site (and my case against Barclays stayed) I hung up at this point:p .

I would strongly suspect that this is some sort of [problem].

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Always some bunch of rip off merchants trying to sell you stuff you can do by yourself for free.

Happened years ago with "grants for business" - which is where the standing on your desk for the whole afternoon if you didn't get enough appointments originated I believe.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Always some bunch of rip off merchants trying to sell you stuff you can do by yourself for free.

Happened years ago with "grants for business" - which is where the standing on your desk for the whole afternoon if you didn't get enough appointments originated I believe.

Not forgetting the more recent (although not lately:) ) 'We Can Reduce Your Business Rates Brigade'