cabot abd CCA

phill123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after few month of struggle with cabot whihc inbsisted that we are the owner of debt which we never had i CCA them on august 2007. today i received this letter from them

Your request under the CCA

We write further to your request for information under the CCA. Regrettably, we have beeen advised by the original lender that they have not been able to obtain relevant information for your account.

What does it mean?

it may be that the original lender no longer has any records relating to your account or that they have been unable to obtain the information from their archives.

As previously advised, Cabot is dependent on the original lender to obtain informaiton and we regret that we are unable to provide this.

As a result, Cabott shall no longer collect on this account.

what is interesting it is when they first approach us i went to an HSBC branch given the bank acacount details and etc.... and it appear that the account never existed at all, must of all they think some of the statement that we recieved by Cabott seems to have been doctored .... so when i asked them how they have got our details ? their answer don't know . anyway what does it mean this lettter that they will stop everyting now ? should i do someting else now ?