Defaults entered twice on CRA

Sparklez30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently checked my credit report and found that on one of the CRA's 3 seperate defaults have been entered twice for exactly the same details (so C10 C11 C12 are identical to C14 C15 C16). I presume this is wrong and makes it look like I have 6 defaults not 3 (I know its not alot better).

One of these accounts I am currently disputing and one is settled and one has had no action for almost 4 years.

Can I get the duplicates removed and if so how do I go about it?

If you feel that there are errors on your credit file, you can ask for the errors to be removed. Below is a link that may help you:-

Removal of Default & Termination Notices - How to remove Default Notices

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I dont think the problem is with the banks but with the CRA as the odds of all 3 creditors accidently putting a defult on twice must be slim to none - I think Experian have messed it up and processed them twice as they are definately all identical and for the same accounts.

Is it best to write to the CRA and ask them to check their instructions and repair?

Well after emailing Experian and getting a message saying they would get back to me I have received no response but have rechecked my record and the 3 duplicates are gone so guessing that was their mistake. Would have been nice to receive an actual response from them though and maybe dare I say an apology for the error!

Final update on this I got my response today via email and it reads:-

Thank you for your email, which we received on 16 January 2008.

I note your comments regarding the duplicated accounts and can advise that as per your report viewed 22/01/2008, they have now been removed.

Kind regards

so all sorted - of course would be better if they didn't duplicate my entries (and even better if I hadn't got into such a mess 4 years ago!)