Satute Barred advice please

debs4th
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, Im just wonderng if anyone can help me, after reading alot of information on here i found a couple of my debts were statue barred theses have been closed now Thanks!!!

But i have a problem with Bucahannan Clark and Wells, i had a debt with Aktiv Capital over 8 years ago in jan 2007 i got a call and was basically so scared i set up a DD to pay back £20 a month, i never admitted debt in writing i recently spoke to them and think that the debt is statue barred but they say it defaulted on 10may 2001 but as i started paying back in jan its not.. Ive since requested a coipy of credit agreement about 4 wks ago and ive still not recieved it i got a phonecall yesterday about the debt so i mentioned the agreement 'its in the post' I stpped payments at christmas as really had no money, so i just dont know what to do next do i fight them or am i in the wrong, its really bugging me as we spent all of last year clearingdebts and sorting finances and this is the last one! They just intimidate me on the phone and as they still havent posted me stuff i cant write to them as i lost the address and my account no - sure they will be on the phoen to me soon tho! :)

Any help will be great cheers xx

Your next move is to hold tight, if they aint got the agreement then they can't enforce the debt.

I would also find out exactly when you made the last payment, if need be send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Remember time doesn't run from the date of default but from your last payment.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill