Moorcroft advertising for door-to-door collectors. What sort of...

vecko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(edit) would apply for a job like that. They say it is on a commision basis. You can just imagine the (edit)in the training room.

The adverts are in the local South-east/London newspapers.

Anybody got any good one-liners in case they come knocking on my door?

Someone should apply on the sly and reveal their (probably illegal) training methods.

V

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a simalar job ad at the local job centre plus.

It was on one of those machines that likes to print out minimum wage jobs with vague descriptions on school style toilet paper.

One job I found was for a doorstep debt collector, so I printed it out and checked the phone number when I returened home. And sure enough it was for Moorcroft.

Quite ironic that a debt collector would be advertising somewhere unemployed peeps would be searching for a job.

I'm seriously considering applying, then when I get my list of people to call on, I'll point them in the direcion of the Consumer Action Group for some real help with their debt problems. :D

I have a deep hatred of anything Moorcroft.

They keep sending me threats of bailiffs etc, even though they know full well one account is in dispute and the other has been wating for a CCA for the last 6 weeks. Time for a few official complaints I think.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Noticed their ad in our local paper as well!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

RECRUITMENT

Moorcroft Debt Recovery provides exciting career opportunities within the financial services industry. We have a firm belief in investing in our workforce and offer a number of challenging personal development opportunities. Such as trying to fool people into thinking we have a right to collect when their is no executed CCA agreement.

I think it's time to be scared of Moorcroft folks :(

Take a look at there home page (Moorcroft Debt Recovery) top right. They've only gone and hired Blade as a doorstep collector!!

I'm gonna pay up, don't want a day walker after me ;)

LOL :rolleyes:

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

Take a look at there home page (Moorcroft Debt Recovery) top right[/Quote]

Thought that was a flasher :eek:

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

The advert is in yesterdays London Evening Standard and runs as follows

DO YOU WISH TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR INCOME?? ONE OF THE UK'S LEADSING DEBT RECOVERY COMPANIES REQUIRE COLLECTORS TO MAKE REGULAR CASH COLLECTIONS IN YOUR LOCAL AREA ON A SELF-EMPLOYED BASIS. REMUNERATION IS BY WAY OF A GOOD COMMISSION RATE PAYABLE WEEKLY. ALL YOU NEED IS A CAR, A TELEPHONE AND A FEW SPARE HOURS PER WEEK. INTERESTED?? 0161 477 1166 FOR DETAILS.

Anyone had a visit from these 'collectors' (raging steriod freaks probably). Why would anyone had over cash to these people? Unbelievable?

Have had one here - twice - completely incompetent!

First time he was trying to get money against a Barclaycard debt, and said

"Why don't you pay me like xxxxxx does two doors down. She owes me £xxxxx for various debts and gives me £10 a week" :eek:

Reported him to his office and said that under no circumstances would I deal with him and have my business discussed all around the neighbourhood. Didn't see him again for about 4 years and when I opened the door he said "Ah yes, I thought I'd been here before. Not to worry"

Thing is that every so often I get an audit letter from Moorcroft asking me to verify the amount of money paid to their collector (even though I have never paid him a penny) so I make something up and send it back to them. Surprised he hasn't been sacked yet for having his fingers in the till!

DONATE HERE

I think I would prefer to be a traffic warden:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 1 month later...
I would rather flip burgers in Mc Ds than work for any DCA

Nothing wrong with working for Mc Ds! I could be biased because that's where I work! Bet you didn't know that they pay above minimum wage. I probably earn more there than I would working for a DCA!

Surely just one more group of people to annoy! so we now can give them CAG letters, wind them up on the phone and now tell them to foxtrot oscar in person!( presuming anyone is stupid enough to apply)

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Of course if its the truth it wouldnt be libellous.

Reminds me of a story about Winston Churchill who famously said of his fellow MPs '' Half the people in this house are idiots'' When asked by the speaker to withdraw his remarks Mr Churchill replied '' I withdraw my remarks, half the people in the house are not idiots''

Of course if its the truth it wouldnt be libellous.

Reminds me of a story about Winston Churchill who famously said of his fellow MPs '' Half the people in this house are idiots'' When asked by the speaker to withdraw his remarks Mr Churchill replied '' I withdraw my remarks, half the people in the house are not idiots''

ROFPMSL...

*BB picks herself up off the floor*

Cheers for that ODC, I needed a good laugh :D

No no You lot - here's a great opportunity to screw em

Take the job & every debtor you visit tell them, after hearing their sad story of course, that the debt is cancelled forthwith. Remember your an employee of the company & as your acting within the scope of your job they have to honour it. - boom boom

Do it - even for 1 day the enjoyment would be enormous

Nothing wrong with working for Mc Ds! I could be biased because that's where I work! Bet you didn't know that they pay above minimum wage. I probably earn more there than I would working for a DCA!

& at least your doing 'decent' job