Letter received from DG solicitors

alyhalfpint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I have a claim against HSBC on the go on behalf of my husband. HSBC have aknowledged the claim and said they intend to defend. This morning we received a letter from DG solicitors asking for a breakdown of the amount we are claiming. Just wondered if anyone else has had this? Looking at posts most people have had some kind of offer before court action is taken then contact from solicitors offering a settlement. Ours doesnt seem to be running as everyone elses is. I am also claiming from barclays (broome household v barclays) and they seem to be really predictable in their responses. Am going to print off a copy of the spreadsheet and a quick letter to them tonight, but anyone any ideas how far away our money is? I can almost smell it!

Thanks very much. I just needed reassuring. Got some help from spiceskull aswell with regards to reply letter. This money will come at a very convenient time, we're moving house! And 5% donation of £3508.12 is (tap tap tap) £175! I wait with baited breath.

Woo hoo! Letter today from DG solicitors offering the full amount!! Hubby signed letter and posted off today so now just waiting for our money. Didn't bother crossing out confidentiality bit as its hubby that has to keep it schtum not me.

WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON!!!!!!!

Donation on its way as soon as funds are received.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has helped create this site and made it available for us to use. This money really will change our lives. Thank you!!!!

fantastic news, well done, i got my money in my account today and i sent my letter back on monday night, so expect it soon, you're not he only ones who's life is going to be a bit easier now :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 4 months later...

Ok. Been a while since our claim but theres been a bit of a development with HSBC. They took another £100 in charges in october which we wrote to them asking for it back. Said in the letter that they must be aware we had claimed back over £3500 from them through court system and would not hesitate in doing it over again. We had a reply yesterday saying the money was to be refunded straight back into the account. We had another reply today saying they were closing the account in 30 days time. I dont think they make a habit of closing accounts as they would have done it before now, I just think we may have pushed them a bit too far. Not sure if theres a survey for who's had accounts closed but just thought I'd let you all know.

I think it would be interesting to see their notes about this decision to close your account and I think I'd write back to the person who wrote to you, and insist upon being given a reason and to see a copy of what's on your file.

I had heard that HSBC do this second time around. Did you already open a parachute account?

Thanks for letting us know

Hi Claire,

I too have had notice they intend to defend - but reading in here-seems pretty standard stuff to dragg it out as long as possible, I am also cakking myself so know who you feel !!

Have you sent a copy of your charges to DG yet-if not do so a asap, simple one liner saying please find enclosed, be sure to quote your name, address and claim number.

It will save you waiting the 28 days and THEN they ask for it delaying even longer !!!!

Good luck,

Steve

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Im on my third claim at the moment and I have not yet had a letter about closing the account. I am expecting to recive it shortly.

The third claim has got to the court stage.

Wow, I'm surprised they let it go to court stage on third claim. I was just being cheeky to see if they would give it back. We always intended to add hubby to my new account(now with lloyds) so closure isn't really a problem. Sent hsbc off a letter today cos we found another £50 we hadnt claimed and I also put in that we trust HSBC will not be entering a default on credit file regarding closure as they were also in breach of their own T's & C's. If they do we will see them in court. Claire dont worry about not having an offer yet. We had court papers through saying they intended to defend then shortly had a letter through from their solicitors asking for a breakdown of charges, which was where I started this thread. Maybe pre-empt them and send their solicitors a copy and fingers crossed you might have a nice christmas present. Tackling Barclays at the moment which are proving to be far more a headache.