Gmail Account Disabled - Subject Access Request???

iwgunter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Someone hacked my Gmail account and changed the password, various security questions and the like.

When I found out I contacted Gmail and gave them all the information they required but they still come back with their generic email:

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We have completed our investigation.

Because our investigation was inconclusive, this account has been disabled for your security. Gmail takes the privacy and security of our users very seriously. For this reason, we cannot reveal any further information about this account.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

Can I use a Data Protection Act Subject Access Request to get back all my emails and contacts that I don't have a backup for?

I'm not sure how this works if the company is based outside the UK but they operate within the UK.

The crook also got into my eBay account, which eBay fixed within a matter of an hour - kudos to eBay over that!

Ta

Ian

Capital One - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

HSBC - Charges

Unfair Dismissal

PAID OUT FULL COMPENSATION

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

Hi Ian, I'm not sure but I've never heard of SAR -ing a company who you have no contract with.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Just wondering because they hold a lot of information about me on their systems, and I need some of it and it's the only way I can think of getting it as they won't enable my email account with them

Capital One - Charges

HSBC - Charges

Unfair Dismissal

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

PS sometimes I find American companies HQs are more responsive than their UK subsidiary office.

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

Hi iwgunter.

I too have a g-mail and googlmail account. I cant help you regarding your hacked account but I can send you an invite for a new account if you want me to.

Just PM me with any email address so that I can send the invite there.

Regards,

Just~Me

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

Just-me - Cheers for the offer, but I'm steering very, very clear of gmail in the future! There are a vast array of security errors with the site and the fact they can't even check who I am, even though the email I sent the is from the same IP block that I've used for the past 3 yrs with gmail.

I can't find any other info on sending a SAR to Google, but I'm going to give it a go and see where it takes me.

Capital One - Charges

HSBC - Charges

Unfair Dismissal

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

Alright, I'm going to send this to Google in the morning.

Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT REF: **********@gmail.com

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions, emails sent and received and any other reference to my name or email address containing information not in the public domain.

My Details:

Full Name ***** *******

Address ** *** ********

Telephone 1 ***** ******

Telephone 2 ***** ******

Email Address **********@gmail.com

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. I would be happy to collect the Data from your offices in London if you require physical proof of my identity

I am the Data Subject named in Part A of this document, and hereby request, under the provisions of Section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998, that the University of Cambridge provide me with a copy of personal data held about me under the provisions of the Act, of which I am the subject.

Mr. *. **********

Capital One - Charges

HSBC - Charges

Unfair Dismissal

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

I would advise ringing the Information Commissioners Office before doing so - they are certainly not registered as a data controller in the UK from whta I can see. However, the do say on the site that they will work with local data protection organisations.

Sorry I can't help either, but I had the same problem myself. I had both my gmail accounts hacked and also received the stock response you posted. I would guess they do not even bother to investigate they just send this out, as I answered every question, and as you mention they could check the IP I had used.