the dog whisperer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Does anyone else watch the Dog Whisperer Ceaser Millan (thinks that's how it is spelt),I would love to go and be trained by him,his dogs are great.

I have been watching,and trying some of his ideas on my dog,as she is ridiculous,when I take her out if she see's someone across the road, I have to hold on to a wall,tree or lampost.She isn't allowed long walks,as she starts limping,we were told that we were exercising her too much,as she also runs around the garden,and they don't need much exercise.She also barks at anyone coming into the house,I would just like her to be better behaved.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish someone could teach my mutt to stop scratching his ears, he keeps on shredding them, then scratching off the scab, and so on, and so forth... Then he does what all dogs do when they have wet stuff on them... Yes, that's right, we end up with blood sprayed all over the place... :-(

Going to buy yet another cone tomorrow, but this is getting really boring, I tell you. :-(

Aww Bless him, I used to have a Samoyed who every now and again used to bite and scratch a bit on her side until it was baldy,she used to look a right state,but nothing would stop her doing it,and the vet couldn't find anything wrong.Mind you saying that, they (had two of them we adopted them) were really well behaved,they would stand at the livingroom door until you told them it was okay to come in.

Another dog that we adopted that was also no bother was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier you just had to look at him and he went and lay down in his bed,this one just ignores me (St Bernard). I hate when someone comes to the house as we have to put her outside,and then she just annoys the neighbours with her barking.Or I have to sit with her on her lead but she still barks at them.:Cry:

One of my dalmatian/foxhounds hurt her tail and it would not heal for ages. So every time she wagged it there was blood everywhere:eek:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi all,

I know this is going to sound disgusting,but you know St Bernards drool and believe me it is like glue,well if we don't catch her (she has her own towel) and she shakes it has even been found on ceilings,light fittings and walls.:eek:

Me too. They make it look so easy don't they? We have two male Rottweilers-Zak-ours from 6 weeks old & Zeus, adopted from my son (long story). Zak was fine (no barking or anything) until Zeus came along. Now when anyone approaches the house we have to endure the most horrendous barking-the postie is terrified even tho they can't get at him & god knows what our new neighbours think. Relatives do not visit :) . They go berserk when we have visitors, although if the visitors show no fear the dogs are fine (just both love an equal amount of fuss)-doesn't happen very often though:( . I would love to get them to behave and used to watch 'Its Me Or The Dog' with Victoria Stillwell avidly-didn't work for me tho:( .

I am scared stiff of Rottweilers. I have a GSD and two of aforementioned Dalmatian/Foxhound crosses but I am absolutely petrified of Rotties. Could be cos my friend's one nearly took my face off a few years ago after I stroked his sore ear. One walked into my house last year and I nearly passed out. I rang the ASBO hotline (we have that here - dial 101) and the operator told me it was not antisocial behaviour:eek: so I had to ring 999 instead. Well I thought it was pretty antisocial myself.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

If you whisper to my dog she cant hear you ........ but she can hear the opening of a packet of cheese no matter where she is ...... Im sure she thinks she is a mouse really :eek:

Yeah, our dogs love cheese too-unlike our (very unwelcome) mice which we are trying to get rid of. They apparently have a liking for the Bakers Complete that we feed to our dogs:confused: .

Hi Moggieb

Mine is the same,noone can walk past the house,and at the moment they are building houses across the road so plenty to bark at just now,I sometimes keep the blinds shut,just for some peace,when the mail comes she has to sniff it all over then I can pick it up,if I come in with bags her head is in the bag to see what it is,she is a nightmare I hope our new neighbours are dog friendly:eek: .

When visitors come she is okay if they just ignore her,but if they need to go visit the loo then she starts barking at them again,I can't let her in if my parents visit,as my Dad has just had a major operation,and my Mum is not steady on her feet at all,and she gets so excited she jumps on them,I do feel sorry for her as she loves them to bits but is just so clumsy when she gets worked up.

I love Rottweilers,My daughters friend had two they were so well behaved but I think if you have had a bad experience with one it can stay with you,and also the dogs pick up on the fear.My Friend had a dog not sure what breed, it was huge,I was absolutely petrified of it,and I am not normally scared around dogs,the first time I met it he jumped up and put its feet on my shoulders I couldn't wait to get away,needless to say I didn't visit often.

Goldlady-so sorry about your bad experience. My hubby was also attacked by one. Went to fetch the morning paper, acknowledged the owner (cos we had one) and it dragged her across the road & ripped into his forearm. He has still not regained full use of his hand (nerves/tendoms were severed). He also had a triple heart bypass a few months later. Doctors said stress of dog attack was probably the cause.

Hi Moggieb

Mine is the same,noone can walk past the house,and at the moment they are building houses across the road so plenty to bark at just now,I sometimes keep the blinds shut,just for some peace,when the mail comes she has to sniff it all over then I can pick it up,if I come in with bags her head is in the bag to see what it is,she is a nightmare I hope our new neighbours are dog friendly:eek: .

When visitors come she is okay if they just ignore her,but if they need to go visit the loo then she starts barking at them again,I can't let her in if my parents visit,as my Dad has just had a major operation,and my Mum is not steady on her feet at all,and she gets so excited she jumps on them,I do feel sorry for her as she loves them to bits but is just so clumsy when she gets worked up.

So know how it is-they are replacing the gas pipes in our road at the moment and the contractors will need access to our house-so glad that my OH will be there instead of me!!!!! Keeping blinds/curtains closed is no good-Zeus jumps on the chair and pokes his head through.

I have a westie, who was always scratching, she was making a mess out of her back, tail and legs, the vet tried allsorts, nothing worked.

I took her to get groomed and the lady asked what i fed her. Bakers!

Turns out a lot of dogs are allergic to it, i swapped her food about 4 months ago, and she cleared up within a week. Never had a problem since. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

i have 2 gsd's the older one who is 15 called H was born under my bed an his dad i had until august he was 17 but old age took its toll an had to have him put to sleep. the other gsd i have i only got him two days ago he is 3 an was to get put down as the owner couldnt take care of him. I am so chuffed i got him as he is beautiful loyal an god damn enormous lol. He is called Bear an believe me it suits him as he is long haired an am not sure if he part wooly mammoth lmao:D

at home we have 2 papillions. they're called Tara and Penny, the are mother and daughter and Penny was born in the living room. They have some pretty odd eating habits, they love tuna bake, scrambled egg and for some reason Penny eats cherry tomatos.

When Penny was just a wee thing she had to have surgery and the vet didn't have a small enough cone so she just stuck on the smallest she had, penny tripped down the stairs, landed cone first and couldn't get up because all her feet were in the air. Also Tara once square goed an alsation that was trying to attack my little sister, the alsation was fearless around the human but s**t scared of the little dog, just goes to show I guess that size isn't everything.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

penny tripped down the stairs, landed cone first and couldn't get up because all her feet were in the air.

The image of that just cracked me up, Jen! :lol:

Shadow got a bit of a shock on saturday, when DH took him for walk, he saw a big black cat and ran towards him for a bit of a chase (never quite established what he would do if he ever caught one, that dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body!)... Unfortunately for him, that one just stood his ground and when dog got closer for a sniff, lunged at him and scratched him. Dog was shocked! Serves him right anyway, big brute that he is. :-D

:) hee hee, dogs are great arent they? My dog, Meg, is just crackers. She ate the entire kitchen when she was a pup, and I mean the ENTIRE kitchen, cupboards, skirting boards, lino, doors, door frames, plugs, you name it, it got eaten, I would never have another puppy. meg is 9 now and still as mad as ever but at least she no longer chews.

Talking of scabs, and yes you were bookie, we bought one of our grand daughters a microscope for Christmas, She rang me the other day as she had saved a scab in a tissue so she could study it and someone had thrown it away! YUK, she was most put out. :rolleyes:

Oh Jen,I am sorry I shouldn't laugh poor thing,but it is funny.:)

august he was 17 but old age took its toll an had to have him put to sleep

Yeah I know how you feel when we adopted the Samoyeds we were told they were about 5 (Bitch) and 7 (dog) as they didn't really know that much about them,it wasn't until about approx 4 years later that my daughter and her friend took them both for a walk and lost the dog, myself and daughter spent ages trawling the streets etc looking for him but decided at about 1a.m it was no longer safe to do so.

So the next day we made posters etc and put them in the local shops,then went to the local cat and dog home to find him there he had been picked up by the Police and taken to the pound.

He was Micro chipped and they had contacted the previous owner,who had told them the Dog was actually 16 years old and he was shocked that he was still living.

Not long after that we had to come to the horrible decision of having him put to sleep,the Vet told us that he was actually senile, as he just walked round in circles all the time then he would fall and bark until he was picked up.He was a big cuddly teddy bear and we have really fond memories of him.

I was once proud mum to 7 Samoyed's mrsc ..... I adopted one, bought the second at 6 months, 3rd was a welfare adoption, 4 was a wedding gift from OH, 5 was half sister to 4 and a 1st anniversary pressie then 2 years down the line I bred a litter from 4, had 4 puppies and kept 2 .... hence 7. Most lived to 13 years, although my wedding gift was 15 when she passed. I was constantly told they had odd names as we had Ranger, Tiki, Tasha, Duschka, Yenka, Mischka and Blizzard.

I am now cleaner upper extraordinaire to 3 Newfoundlands, the first two being elderly now and both welfare adoptions. The youngest is a work in progress as at 2 years old he's mental, selectively deaf and thinks he's a guard dog ( he terrifies anyone who approaches my home and as I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, they don't stay long when he barks).

I watch Casear to get ideas on how to persuade Xander that he's really a dog and not the king of the hill. It's taking a while but he's improving. But I totally understand about the slobber, he's dreadful, the other 2 are dry mouthed, but his spit can hit the ceiling at the top of the stairs from the bottom. You gotta love 'em to live with it.

I was once proud mum to 7 Samoyed's mrsc

Wow that must of been a handful,they are lovely though.

The youngest is a work in progress as at 2 years old he's mental, selectively deaf and thinks he's a guard dog ( he terrifies anyone who approaches my home and as I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, they don't stay long when he barks).

My St Bernard is also 2 years old and she makes a fantastic guard dog,once she is finished barking out the window,she then asks out to run from one side of the house to the other barking,don't think anyone in their right mind would come through the gate:eek: Mind you saying that I think all they would get is covered in drool:eek: She just loves to be petted and taken notice of.

As you can see, I have a Yorkie that thinks she is a Rotti ! ALL the mail gets franked, she swings from your gussett when you go to the loo, the window cleaner is 'fair game' as is the postie. I have shut her in cupboards so many times I have stopped counting. She also comes in the shower with me!

As for barking..............oh god. ASBO thinks she lives in a flat with 25 acres.

Really love her tho

Hi Jailbird,

:lol:

she swings from your gussett when you go to the loo

All I can say is thank goodness mine doesn't try that,but she does come to the toilet with me.

I know they can drive us insane,but we wouldn't be without them:D