Question about court interest

Sparklez30

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm fairly new but have been reading lots over the past few weeks. I have a question about interest which I can't find the answer to (although its probably somewhere here and I'm just missing it).

If you submit a claim to court for bank charges and then it is stayed (as most seem to be) will the 8% interest be calculated as at the date you win the court case even if it is years down the line. for example if I have some charges that are 6 years old and the test case takes 1 year to complete and then I win my case would the interest be 8% for 7 years on the old charges?

Hope that makes sense?

sorry i dont want to start another thread but i have another quick question.

can you use a S.A.R request to request the bank sends details of when your bank account was opened, to get a copy of the signd contract, to get a copy of the t&c's active as at the time the account was opened (as i opened my account at least 12 years ago and have none of this info?)

also are you allowed to make moe than 1 request as I already S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to get my bank statements going back 6 years?

You really should start a thread in your own banks forum.

You can ask in a SAR for terms etc, but I have never heard of a bank providing this information. You will find some terms here.

What wording did you use in your original SAR? If you used the letter from this site that would include all statements and you then need to write a letter requesting that they fully comply and provide all the pre 6 years statements. See here for letters.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Sorry as this was a general sort of enquiry I thought I would just add it to this post so as not to start threads all over the place.

I've started my own thread here on your advice

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/126699-pls-advise-re-bank.html#post1326014

Thanks in advance :)