Annoying parking ticket for "loading"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My wife got a PCN last week whilst quickly nipping out to the local shop, the area she parked was controlled by a meter which said payment between 10am and 4pm, it was 6:40pm and the road was empty so she figured it was okay to park. What she didn't notice was that the sign on the road said 'no loading / unloading' which was the alleged offence. I plan to appeal against the ticket because it seems a bit steep to fine someone £50 / £100 for making such a small error, especially when nothing was gained from parking where she did, the road was empty and most of the shops were closed. Where would I stand with my appeal, presuming they actually even bother to look at it? I was a bit confused by the meaning of "loading / unloading" so I did a search on the internet and found a website saying shopping is not loading, is this correct?

hope someone can help :)

Appealing on the grounds 'its a bit steep' will sadly not get you very far since that is what the penalty is set at.

The reason the road was empty was probably because everyone else had read the signs and decided against a £50 fine for parking.

You are correct shopping is not loading, you are either shopping or loading you cannot be doing two things at the same time.

Unless there is something wrong with the PCN itself ie. the details are wrong, your best option is paying the discounted amount and saving £50.

but what I don't understand is it is free to park after 4pm, but you are not allowed to 'load / unload' between 4 and 7. As my wife was neither loading or unloading surely no offence was caused?

You was 'fined' for parking where un/loading was not allowed, which means you cannot park even if it is to load. Parking is allowed 10 to 4 and then banned 4 to 7pm and if you look probably 7 to 10 am also. It is to keep the road clear during morning and evening rush hour times, it is only FREE to park between 7pm overnight to 7am.

no it doesn't. on most of the street you can actually park for free after 6pm, it just appears to be this one section where my wife decided to park that has a loading restriction.

My wife had no intention of avoiding paying for parking, it would only have been 20p for the time she needed to go in to the shop. To fine someone £50 rising up to £100 for not understanding the sign is really out of order, especially when it caused no harm or inconvenience to anyone.

no it doesn't. on most of the street you can actually park for free after 6pm, it just appears to be this one section where my wife decided to park that has a loading restriction.

My wife had no intention of avoiding paying for parking, it would only have been 20p for the time she needed to go in to the shop. To fine someone £50 rising up to £100 for not understanding the sign is really out of order, especially when it caused no harm or inconvenience to anyone.

So there was no yellow lines or anything just a plate in the middle of the street saying 'no loading 4 to 7pm'?

You stated it was free after 4pm earlier I think you need to go back and find out the actual signage and if it was in a CPZ. :confused:

• 7 months later...
You stated it was free after 4pm earlier I think you need to go back and find out the actual signage and if it was in a CPZ. :confused:

You may be well advised to present your case in court. Technicalities like "loading" vs "shopping" must be approached very carefully, and the court holds the book if you know what I mean. Some real useful advice on how to handle the court cases is on the blog:

annoyingparkingticket.blogspot.com

Cheers, K

Edited by Katterine
add important infor

Sorry, if your wife got the PCN for loading when prohibited and she wasn't loading but was shopping then the contravention did not occur. Simple as that.

What contravention is stated on the PCN?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

You may be well advised to present your case in court. Technicalities like "loading" vs "shopping" must be approached very carefully, and the court holds the book if you know what I mean. Some real useful advice on how to handle the court cases is on the blog:

annoyingparkingticket.blogspot.com [[remove the blank in the URL]]

Cheers, K

How nice of you to drag up a 9 month old thread just to promote your website!!

• 2 weeks later...

annoyingparkingticket.blogspot.com

Cheers, K

The matter has nothing whatsover to do with the Courts. You should not mislead the OP like that.

-

'Addski', check the signage again and accurately describe the restriction, signs and road markings. Better still, pics please.

-

How nice of you to drag up a 9 month old thread just to promote your website!!

Ooops, sorry missed that 'mean'. agree all pointless now.

Useless post by her anyway since she is in the US and nothing applies here.

-