Life after debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Last year was a terrible time for us, 70k in debt, court appearances, letters phone calls the works!

Now we are on top of it all:) after remortgaging to raise 50k to pay off most of our lovelly creditors! Have approx 5K of debt with 4 orignal creditors which is being paid monthly at no interest, this we can handle and plan to pay back asap before they start adding interest etc:sad: !

My question is, this has taught us a very big lesson and we plan never to have credit in any form other then a mortgage again, even when we are allowed it, may be in 5 yrs time:-x, but has anyone have suggestions who to keep this plan in action for the rest of our lives?

In other words this site has been so helpful in the past with advice support when people like us realise we need help with debt, is there a section on after people are clean? So we can share ideas etc, thanks for the support so far

Have you CCA'd all of your creditors to ensure that they have the legal right to collect on their debts?

Debt evasion is one thing, and is frowned upon, but when a creditor does not have the legal right to collect a debt because of their own errors and/or mistakes this is another, and is your right to verify.

Best wishes, Dave.

Hi dave thanks, yes we have been down the CCA route etc and in a pervious post here in one of my threads i said then, to be honest we spent the money we borrowed no arguement, so we are/were reluctant but understood we owed this and went this route to settle regardless of weather the CCA's were legit etc, acted as a delay tool though which gave us more time to understand more and make our own plans of action etc, we went F&Fs and in end we saved 16K on orignal total of debt all our creditors were asking for,

Thanks surprise,

i do not intend to apply for any thing, not that i can with a shot to bits credit score:) i do have a cheque book but do not use as many places like big groceries store petrol garages etc do not except them any way. the one thing i do have trouble with is to budget for unexpected things like for car, house maintence that kind of thing, and i have a very small overdraft limit which i like but it feels i am very insercure with out a little more of a cushion?

Hi steven4064, weare in the pocess of claiming back from barclays on three accounts, in fact my dear overhalf as had a settlement on her account last year of 2K, my two accounts are suspended as i only just got in the claims before the court case last year that everyone is waiting on for verdict

The court case starts monday.

Hope that helps.

Chrissi

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well i would hate to guess but as some of the ppl who are claiming are doings so as they have been charged whilest on benefits which is illegal then l think it would hopefully go the way of the ppl who are claiming for the benefits.

The banks do have a good argument but so do the claimants.

I have managered to get charges back since the stay on cases as l told the bank they are illegally taking hte money off benefit money and they said they would give the money back as one off thing.

Yeah rite until next time and l will win again.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi all,

In other words this site has been so helpful in the past with advice support when people like us realise we need help with debt, is there a section on after people are clean? So we can share ideas etc, thanks for the support so far

Hi, Gopher, nice that things are working out for you.

At the moment there isn't a section of the site like that, and adding such a section would make us a little more like moneysavingexpert.com than we are at present.

I was going to raise this with the bosses, but it seems Saintly_1 has beaten me to it.

Hope you had a nice new year;)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.