Late Payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OH gave her job in a week before xmas but worked as agreed up till xmas eve, Should have been payed on the 1 of every month but only got half on the 3 Jan still not got the rest,Now got charges in Bank, can she claim off the company for their mistakes on pay for the charges and anybody got agood letter she can write,many thanks if anyone can help

Hi there, has your OH had a payslip from the company yet?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OHhas not received all her monthly pay due on the 1 of the month, got half on the 3but nothing else and now got charges in the bank.OH gave up the job 1 week before christmas as it was a second job and fell out with the boss but worked as agreed to christmas eve.Rest of money should have been payed today but nothing came [ should be a chequewhich meens another 5 days to clear] any susgestion on a letter or law ,,thanks

I think you have duplicated this question- I have replied on your earlier post.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, does she usually get a payslip? the reason I'm asking is because she should have one every time she is paid showing hours worked, rate of pay, and tax and NI deductions. If she'd been sent one with the 3rd Jan payment you would have been able to see exactly what she's been paid for. What reasons did they give for not sending payment when she phoned?

yes she gets a payslip normally.They said the lady who sorts wages was off sick or the check signer was away,and when she came back OH spoke to her onthe phone and she said it would be sorted in couple days but nothing.Its a small firm,

It usually takes 2-3 days for a BACS payment to get to your account. However, when she gets her final payslip and you have checked what she has been paid for you should send a copy of your bank statement (blank out all other transactions with a marker pen except the payment on 3rd and your bank charges because of late payment) and ask them to compensate you for them.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

The following can be found at Website of the UK government : Directgov

Should you be given a payslip?

By law, your employer must give you a written 'pay statement' - usually called a 'payslip' - when or before you are paid your wages. It must include your gross pay, take-home pay and any deductions.

Deductions that change (for example, Income Tax payments) must be individually listed each time. Fixed deductions (for example, trade union subscriptions) can be shown as one combined total provided you have been given an annual statement showing how that total breaks down. The annual statement must set out the amount of each fixed deduction and the intervals at which the amount is paid.

Additional information might be included on your pay slip, including your National Insurance Number, tax codes and hourly rate. Also, payments like overtime, tips, bonuses etc might be shown separately. However, none of this information is required to be on your payslip.

If you haven't received a payslip then you should first try following the steps set out in the article on resolving problems at work. If that doesn't help then you can apply to an Employment Tribunal.

Hope this is helpful

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

You're very welcome Popeye, don't forget to keep me updated on what happens and don't hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Update , they have paid all wages but was stopped £50 for the CBR check because OH left before 3 months.They have sent a check for half the bank charges .Any thoughts

Well, I'm refusing to settle on an offer of £500 for the charges I received due to unlawful wage deductions as the real figure is about £1200.

£550 of that is bank charges of less than 1 month with the A&L!!

Hopefully this will bring a comment from the Tribunal of how extraordinary it is that a debt of £550 can be accrued in such a short space of time!

But the point is, late or withheld, my wages were not paid and thus I claim my ex-employers are liable.

Hi Popeye - was there a clause in your OH's contract regarding repayment of the CRB?

Sorry for the delay ,no contract ,oh only worked about 5 weeks as a second job ,boss demanded oh worked christmas day but could not as oh was working the main job on that day so gave aweeks notice and agreed to work up to christmas eve, thanks

Update , they have paid all wages but was stopped £50 for the CBR check

Why £50? I thought the cost of an enhanced CRB was about £36.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!