Problem with Supermarket - Help please

pinkpetal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week went shopping in my local T***o's, has my 2 kids with me, when we were leaving the store, a member of staff was stacking trolleys and shoved some really hard causing the other end of the line to flick out and slam into my sons arm (which he broke 2 weeks ago and needed surgery to mend). Causing him distress and leaving a reddened area less than 1 cm from the surgery site. The line of trolleys were outside the barriered trolley bay.

I got the employees name from 4 other members of staff who witnessed the incident and immediately reported to customer services. They were not all that interested saying that they would speak to the member of staff concerned.

When I got home, i was still angry at their response so I phoned the store and spoke to a duty manager, his response was the same as the customber service dept.

I have now resorted to writing a letter which I hand delivered to the store this morning.

Is there anything else I should be doing ??

Thanks

Elaine

PINKPETAL

Lloyds TSB (1) Statements received

LLoyds TSB (2) Statements Received

LLoyds TSB (3) Statements received

Halifax Credit Card (1) Statements received

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent

RBOS (Halifax) Credit Card (3) SARS has Elapsed, on 54 days now

Barclaycard - Goodwill offer of £264.00 :mad:

Send a copy of your letter of complaint to the Chief Executive Officer....

Sir Terry Leahy, CEO.,

Corporate Responsibility Team

Tesco PLC

New Tesco House

Delamare Road

Cheshunt

Hertfordshire

EN8 9SL

Include as much information as you can including your impressions of the response that you got, locally.

Hope your lad's arm is better soon.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks

I'll type it up and get it posted recorded delivery on Monday

Any ideas what course I should expect their response to take ???

Thanks

PINKPETAL

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent

No They did not record anything, they did not even take my details despite my discussing the situation with them twice.

I am really really angry, they just did not seem to care that a 6 year old was distressed and frightened.

I thought they had some responsibility for their customers Health & safety whilst on site !!

Does anyone know what their likely response is going to be ???

Ta

PINKPETAL

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent

These trollies do have a mind of there own as any shopper will tell you, trying to keep 1 steady while doing the shopping is a job in itself, never mind a row of them, the store has a obligation to record all accidents however minor, why didnt you re-enter the store straight away and make your complaint, i know ur child might have been crying, which would have added to the complaint more, but you really should have addressed the matter there and then, thankfully you have wittnesses, whom if required will add value to your statment of events, i'm more than sure the store trollie collector meant no harm to you ur child or anyone else, and this was more than likly just a unfortunate accident.... What do you want from your complaint, the trolly lad sacked or retrained, an risk accessment been retaken for the job entailed, a moneyary settlement...... Children are made of rubber when it comes to minor bumps,falls,and knocks, a quick visit to your gp will more than likly show no damage done, and with the added protection of the arm cast covering the broken arm, im show it was well protected.....

I know we are over protective of our children, even more so when danger is near by, no one can predict whats round the corner, not even a run away trolly....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

I did go straight back into the store to tell them what had happened, they did not seem the slighted bit bothered, I then phoned again once I got home, so I spoke to the store twice in less than 20 minutes regarding the incident.

The Trolleys (plural) hit my sons arm with force above the cast approx 1 cm from the wound which is still healing from the surgery he had to undergo to mend a broken radius and ulna less than 2 weeks ago. He has a below elbow cast so this did not protect him in anyway. If my trolley had not been on the right hand side of him, the force would have knocked him off his feet.

It may well have been an unfortunate accident, but the member of staff concerned should have more spatial awareness and know his own strength.

I know that I am not happy with their "speaking to the member of staff" policy.

I would recognise 2 of the witnessess - also members of the trolley collecting staff.

My concern is, the trolleys were outside the trolley barrier on the only area of "pavement" so you cannot avoid this exiting the store. We did nothing wrong, but I have been left with a 6 year old, who is now scared to go out in public without wearing a sling !!!!

I do not want anything monetary for me, but you would think that they might offer my son a voucher / small toy or DVD as a goodwill gesture.

PINKPETAL

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent

I have no doubt that the employee meant no harm. What is at issue here is the disgusting way in which the OP and her child has been treated by the supermarket. Additionally, the supermarket has broken the law by not recording the incident.

Yes, trolleys can be difficult to control, but that is not an excuse for putting the public at risk. If this was my child, I would be expecting: 1) Retraining of the trolley staff. 2) Proper assessment of risk to ensure it does not happen to anyone else's child 3) Disciplinary action against the "customer service" staff and the duty manager for their apalling attitude and failure to follow the correct procedure. 4) A sincere apology from those involved.

A couple of years ago, my son nicked his finger on a sharp shelf edge at the same company. He was immediately attended to by the in-store first aider, while another member of staff recorded the incident. They also taped over the sharp edge and it was repaired the next day. The duty manager also apologised. I believe the OP deserves no less.

Shywazz, I don't think that any of what you have posted is relevant at all, the supermarket didn't care and that is the point, and after a child has had an operation and then gets hurt around the site of it, then obviously it is going to be very upsetting to both child and mother.

And the supermarket has a legal reponsibility to ensure the safety of its customers and its employees.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thank you Lula & Robin9342

You understand where I am coming from on this.

Pink

X

PINKPETAL

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent