Prime Minister's Website

Penfold92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok to get off Auds thread…

I still think this is one of the best ways to get some attention to this after all if he can comment on Celebrity Big Brother then surely this huge matter can get a comment too?

What about this for the petition:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to...

Look into the upcoming Test Case between the OFT and the High Street Banks regarding Bank Charges

It has come to our attention that even though this was due to be heard at the High Court it is in fact being held at the International Dispute Resolution Centre in Fleet Street and that there will be space for precisely 11 members of the press and the public. A spokesperson for the centre said that entry will be on a first come first served basis but that the space will be divided roughly equally between the press and the public; and passes will be issued separately for morning and afternoon sessions. This means that, at most, 6 members of the public will be able to attend and no-one will be able to attend a full day. It will be impossible, therefore, for any one person to obtain a complete picture of the proceedings. It will also mean that many newspaper and television/radio reporters will excluded.

A spokesperson for the OFT claimed today that he "did not realise that the room would only hold this number of people".

We would like the Prime Ministers response to this and also his assurance that Justice will prevail and that since no one person or the media will get the full picture the publics interest will be upheld? Surely the Prime Minister appreciates that this matter concerns the majority to people in this Country and is a National Issue.

Changes or comments appreciated, remember this will take upto 3 working days to go up so really we want to get this up today and then start blasting the signatures on from mid next week. Then we can also point the papers there....

Penfold

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks fine to me. Just one typo near the bottom:

the majority "to" (should be "of") people in this Country and is a National Issue.

I think it is a good idea penfold but just a little close to the case to have any effect.

I think contacting the press and MP's might have more results.

Can we get as many links to the press on this thread as possible!

Can you get the petition link on here when you've done it and i will try and get it round all the forums.

Also what about the wording in Johnnys email to his MP. Is that ok for for all to use? I think it is fine and should be banded around for all to use.

yes and yes...here is the end result...hope no typos! only 1000 words allowed had to shorten...

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Look into the upcoming Test Case between the OFT and the High Street Banks regarding Bank Charges

Submitted by Prabhakar Kapadia – Deadline to sign up by: 12 January 2009

Category: Public order, justice and rights

More details:

This was due to be heard at the High Court, but now is being held at the International Dispute Resolution Centre, Fleet Street. There will only be space for precisely 11 members of the press and the public. The centre said that entry will be on a first come first served basis but that the space will be divided roughly equally between the press and the public; and passes will be issued separately for morning and afternoon sessions. This means that, at most, 6 members of the public will be able to attend and no-one will be able to attend a full day. It will be impossible, therefore, for any one person to obtain a complete picture of the proceedings. It will also mean that many newspaper and television/radio reporters will excluded.

Can the Prime Ministers respond to this and also give his assurance that Justice will prevail and that since no one person or the media will get the full picture the public's interest will be upheld? Surely the Prime Minister appreciates that this matter concerns the majority of this Country and is a National Issue. We are concerned that this could be construed as almost behind “closed doors” and therefore potentially not in the interest of the General Public.

If we can get 50-100,000 sigs then we will get somewhere...I will be emailing my MP next!

Prabs

MP been done, I did a slightly different email as I have emailed her (Margaret Moran) several times before and she always replies...I just made it more personal as I emailed her the other day about my hearing for stay to be removed and the fact the defence did not show up yet it was only adjorned yet again...So it directly applies to that email.

Prabs

Newspaper contact emails:

The Times - [email protected]

The Mail - [email protected]

Sky - [email protected]

The Sun - [email protected]

The Mirror - [email protected]

The Telegraph - [email protected]

Not sure that is right, but it is a correct email anyway…

The People - [email protected]

ITV - [email protected]

Something on the BBC website: BBC NEWS | Business | Key test for bank overdraft fees

Watchdog - [email protected]

That’s a start others can add on this thread…Do we want to do this straight away or wait until the Petition is online???

Prabs (Penfold)

something like tjhis should be easy enough for everyone to send off...

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like you to be aware of something that came to my attention yesterday that gives me great concern. It has come to my attention that even though this Court case was due to be heard at the High Court it is in fact being held at the International Dispute Resolution Centre in Fleet Street and that there will be space for precisely 11 members of the press and the public. A spokesperson for the centre said that entry will be on a first come first served basis but that the space will be divided roughly equally between the press and the public; and passes will be issued separately for morning and afternoon sessions. This means that, at most, 6 members of the public will be able to attend and no-one will be able to attend a full day. It will be impossible, therefore, for any one person to obtain a complete picture of the proceedings. It will also mean that many newspaper and television/radio reporters will excluded.

A spokesperson for the OFT claimed today that he "did not realise that the room would only hold this number of people".

As a Press Member with National Reach I hope you will investigate this matter further and publish your findings? It is important that we all ensure Justice will prevail. Since no one person or the media will get the full picture, will the public's interest will be upheld? Surely you appreciate that this matter concerns the majority of people in this Country and is a National Issue. There will be others emailing to express their concerns as we are all concerned that this could be construed as almost behind “closed doors” and therefore potentially not in the interest of the General Public.

Yours faithfully,

Hi guys. From what I can gather, it is the letter ion the above post that needs to be sent by as many people as poss to the papers. (Sorry for not understanding, I've come down with a stinker of a cold, but will do whatever I can to help)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi guys. From what I can gather, it is the letter ion the above post that needs to be sent by as many people as poss to the papers. (Sorry for not understanding, I've come down with a stinker of a cold, but will do whatever I can to help)

HI Jo,

yes it is simple and to the point and the volume of emails will ensure someone looks at it. Then one of them at least will push it further....We hope so anyway,

Prabs

OK. done mine. I will post up the links and letter on to the threads that Freaky created in the other forums with a little side note explaining what to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

OK. done mine. I will post up the links and letter on to the threads that Freaky created in the other forums with a little side note explaining what to do.

Thanks Jo,

then in a few days I will post up the petition url once i have it from 10 Downing Street and we can attack that too...

Hear goes nothing then....Let's hope I'm wrong and we can get enough emails flying through the ether and someone somewhere takes note...

Thanks Jo. Could you also add this link to a thread in the General forum? There seems to be some good info coming in on that one!

OFT test case moved to tiny room. Only 11 spectators allowed (including press)(

Added thsi one to that one so hopefully they will join in here...