• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DVLA has lost my license!

FlexiWing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently stopped by the Police, who informed me that I had no insurance for my car (this despite me having my SAGA insurance schedule with me at the time)

The Police then checked on their car computer, to inform me I didnt have a driving licence!

I passed my driving test in 1969, and received my licence in the form of the small Red Book (famililar I am sure to many older forum members!) - this was issued to me from the Wallasey office of the DVLA.

Obviously in those days all records were paper-based.

Despite me not having moved from my address since then, DVLA STILL maintain they have no record of my licence!

My solicitor is taking the next steps to proceed with legal proceedings against the DVLA, as it seems it is entirely their fault that they have no paper-based records of my driving test pass: as it stands DVLA are maintaining I will have to re-apply for a driving test and start from square one!

Has anyone ELSE had this happen to them? if so, please get in contact with me at my emaill address of [EDIT] as the more people that have had this happened to them, the stronger it makes my legal case.

FlexiWing

MODERATOR'S NOTE: It is not wise to post your email address in an open forum.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed my driving test in 1969, and received my licence in the form of the small Red Book (famililar I am sure to many older forum members!) - this was issued to me from the Wallasey office of the DVLA.

Obviously in those days all records were paper-based.

Despite me not having moved from my address since then, DVLA STILL maintain they have no record of my licence!

You are surely not saying that the small red book style of licience is the only one that you have every had? Are you?:eek:

In which case DVLA should have records of the issue of one or all of a green paper licence, a pink paper EU licence and a photocard (2-part) licence.

My solicitor is taking the next steps to proceed with legal proceedings against the DVLA, as it seems it is entirely their fault that they have no paper-based records of my driving test pass: as it stands DVLA are maintaining I will have to re-apply for a driving test and start from square one!

The first step is a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) under Data Protection Act Section 7. This will list all the data that DVLA hold about you.

Has anyone ELSE had this happen to them? if so, please get in contact with me at my emaill address of [EDIT] as the more people that have had this happened to them, the stronger it makes my legal case.

FlexiWing

There was another thread on here recently about exactly this - try a search

• 2 months later...

FlexiWing

Have a look at the following:

this is bristol - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

Fear Mor.

• 3 weeks later...

flexi this has happening to me right now im going to take this all the way i will join you and help in this fight contact me as soon as you can and lets take these Edit to court and show them their not better than us just because they are the dvla

Edited by saintly_1

Please fill in this survey: cidb.co.uk - Consumer Information Database

The more people we have, the more ammunition we have against the DVLA.

(p.s. The DVLA is under Government Agencies)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

It can't have failed to go un-noticed that every single department with an attachment to Gordon Browns and his band of clowns has been made into a moneymaking enterprise with the number one object of filling the purse with as much cash as possible and by whatever means possible.

They cheat, lie and steal their way into everyones pocket all with the one aim of making as much money for themselves as their time in office will allow.

There has never been as corrupt a government as this one, even Mugabe is not as corrupt.

• 1 month later...

The young lady in the photo is my second cousin. (she calls me Uncle) She has just lost her job because of this fiasco. She works for an employment agency and the driving licence was essential for visiting clients and placing staff. She tried to deal with it herself to start with and got now where. She has been told that she has never had a full driving licence. I have contacted Ruth Kellys office and complained. telephone number 020 79448300. Get all your facts together and either post them to her office or E-mail [email protected] They will contact the DVLA and give your case a reference number. This will be sent to miss E.E. Davis at Customer services at the DVLA tel: 01792 782888. If you are doing this to help someond then get them to sign a letter authorising you to act on their behalf. She will not discuss anything with you at all otherwise, and ask for EVERYTHING in writing. When you get your initial reply, contact your local MP and ask him/her to intervene. Be forearmed and provide your MP with a letter of authorisation signed by the party concerned. You will need his support to get acess to the general ombudsmans service. I have done much of this today so it is still fresh in my mind. So, fingers crossed and watch this space.

Bigcannon

Have a look at the general ombudsmans site or type in lost licences into Google. I sent a copy of the Bristol Evening post story to the DFT office.

BTW, when the young lady resat her theory test, she told the examiner why she was there. He told her she was the SECOND that week.

Bigboots

The young lady in the photo is my second cousin. (she calls me Uncle) She has just lost her job because of this fiasco. She works for an employment agency and the driving licence was essential for visiting clients and placing staff. She tried to deal with it herself to start with and got now where. She has been told that she has never had a full driving licence. I have contacted Ruth Kellys office and complained. telephone number 020 79448300. Get all your facts together and either post them to her office or E-mail [email protected] They will contact the DVLA and give your case a reference number. This will be sent to miss E.E. Davis at Customer services at the DVLA tel: 01792 782888. If you are doing this to help someond then get them to sign a letter authorising you to act on their behalf. She will not discuss anything with you at all otherwise, and ask for EVERYTHING in writing. When you get your initial reply, contact your local MP and ask him/her to intervene. Be forearmed and provide your MP with a letter of authorisation signed by the party concerned. You will need his support to get acess to the general ombudsmans service. I have done much of this today so it is still fresh in my mind. So, fingers crossed and watch this space.

Bigcannon

hi bigcannon i have tried all you have said all but my mp i am doing that first thing the lady at dvla who is dealing with my enquirey is a miss annetts scott or anita cant remeber of top of my head lol get in touch with me maybe we can fight via same person and kick dvlas ass about time the people stood up for themselfs Edit email address removed Edited by saintly_1
Email address deleted

I think you will get further by first of all going through your MP. Make sure you write a short letter giving him permission to act on your behalf. You need your MP support to acess the ombudsmans office. Looking at the other posts on this forum, it looks kile the DVLA has lost a large chunk of our records from their system. Make a formal complaint to Ruth Kelly's office and you will get back a reference number and the matter will be on official records. The DVLA are on the defensive at the moment but they are not above the law. Let me know how you get on and I will do the same. Remember....................In all your contacts with the DVLA...... GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!....This is vital. Do not shout or argue with them. Keep your ears open and ask around and find other people who have been messed around by the DVLA. I have the feeling this is just the tip of the iceburg.

Bigcannon.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Though my license loss hasn't lost me a job, it has lost my passport too!

Needless to say this is an inconvenience and the lack of help and general abundance of confusion littering the DVLA email responses has not helped matters.

I sent off my application to re-obtain a provisional drivers license after loss around a month ago and received a phone call asking me to confirm th change of address, which I did and didn't hear again of the matter until a response from my request for an update, which I received on the 11 June stating that there was no record of my license arriving at the centre and to go through Royal Mail.

Concerning.

So I composed an email expressing this which the next day brought a reply, "ignore information in the mast email we sent you. Your application was processed on the 30th May. Your enquiry has been passed to the relevant section (whatever that means was unspecified), who will contact you directly".

This was followed by an apology for confusion caused.

So now I am still waiting to hear from the mysterious relevant section in order to find out what the damage is to my time and pocket.

Any advise in the meantime from someone experienced with these sort of issues? Should I wait or attempt to get in contact myself?

Many thanks action consumers,

Earl

flexi this has happening to me right now im going to take this all the way i will join you and help in this fight contact me as soon as you can and lets take these bastartds to court and show them their not better than us just because they are the dvla

Any more news on this? how are you getting on with it? im currently going through this and i have been sent a D146 Form which requires you to fiil all your personal info again etc. Im really concerned as i cant find my original paper lincence which i have had since 1987!!! so DVLA cant trace it and i cant remember my driver number.

I would be glad to hear from anybody on this.

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently going through the same thing, I passed my test in March 2003, I received my full licence in June 2003, I bought a brand new car in October 2003 from a garage who used my Licence as proof because you are unable to buy a car without a current licence. I received a reminder letter in Feb 2004 telling me to remember to apply for my licence, I rang DVLA up and they said it was system generated and to ignore it.

I lost my driving licence in Dec 2007 and applied for a replacement to be told I was receiving a provisional, I spoke to DVLA who said it was probably an admin error. I wrote to them in January 2008 and received no reply, I e-mailed them on 16.06.08 and had a reply asking for my DOB but that was all, I e-mailed them on 1st July and have now started getting replys.

I don't see how they can just lose information!!! Its stressing me out and they just act like its not their concern

• 3 weeks later...
I've found the DVLA pretty organised, they've never lost anything of mine!

How does that post help anybody?

It is obvious they DO lose peoples information so I see no relevance to that post.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 2 months later...

my wife sent her licence to the dvla over a month ago for a change of address complete with birth certificate, marriage certificate, wage slips

the dvla have lost everything she sent to them. we went to our registrar

office and the guy there told us that this is a regular occurence.

we purchased the new documents and now the dvla have informed my wife she must send the decree nisi from her previous marriage also.

this is another £40 just to stay legal. these people personify incompetence i find it incomprehensible that they can be so lax with our personal documents. we are currently waiting for someone to take a massive loan out in our name. anyone who needs me to lend my name

to any petitions, you got it. cheers.

Edited by mick c
spelling mistake

if you are buying a brand new car you are asked for your driving licence and they will photostat it for their records, after all they have to register the car to someone and i cannot see the dvla being impressed if they register it to someone who does not show up on their records.

i know this is true because this is exactly what is happening to us at this moment. our brand new car is sitting in a showroom while the dvla are

doing everything in their power to stop us from changing the address on my wifes licence . (she will be the registered keeper) mick c.

Edited by mick c
amendment.

if you are buying a brand new car you are asked for your driving licence and they will photostat it for their records, after all they have to register the car to someone and i cannot see the dvla being impressed if they register it to someone who does not show up on their records.

Sorry, absolute rubbish. Copy for whose records? DVLA? Why - they already have a copy don't they; after all, they issued it?

There is no requirement for a registered keeper to even be able to drive. The DVLA only require a name and address, not a driver. For a new registration, a proof of address is required - but not a driving licence

How do you think company cars are registered?

i know this is true because this is exactly what is happening to us at this moment. our brand new car is sitting in a showroom while the dvla are doing everything in their power to stop us from changing the address on my wifes licence . (she will be the registered keeper) mick c.
You are being spun a line. What possible motive would the DVLA have? Driver and vehicle records are entirely separate.

Please provide some evidence for your claims (ie letters/emails from garage or DVLA)

I know that you are wrong because in order to transfer a cherished number that my mother held on retention (my father's old number), I simply transferred the car into her name as registered keeper to have the number from her retention certificate and then she transferred the car back to me.

In fact, in order to put the number onto retention, she became RK of Dad's after he died.

She hasn't held a driving licence for 20 or so years!

fair enough, i could be wrong on certain points all i have done is to relate what is happening to us at the moment, i never said that the photostat

was for the dvla,it is for the garages records, why ?, i do not know, maybe

it is for finance purposes. as for the change of address on my wifes licence they have had her birth and marriage certificates both of which have her fathers name on but this was not enough, they want her decree nisi from previous marriage (30years ago), why!!. you say they have records, how difficult can it be to change an address? and to compound it all they have admitted they have lost her documents. the last time i sent my licence for an address change it came back without my motor cycle

entitlement on it. i am fully aware that you do not need a licence to buy a car, hence the 1 million or so unlicenced people on the road. all we are trying to do is the right and legal thing and it seems as though we are hitting stumbling blocks all the way. maybe it would be cheaper to buy one off the local crook. cheers mick c