esporta again

gilesy24

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have noticed on my esporta agreement that I hadn't ticked the boxes in the folowing section:

" *I consent to receiving information by: email (tick box) text messaging (tick box) "

Esporta have been texting me though, does anyone know where i stand legally on the matter, as they have clearly ignored there own terms and conditions. I haven't saved any of the text messages, but i'm sure i could get them to text again.

I wouldn't normally be so petty, but I am in dispute with them about ending a contract early, and they have ignored my cancellation request and been generally rude over the phone. And as i've read on this forum and watchdog; esporta are no angels.

Any info would be much appreciated

Have you tried calling them and asking them to stop contacting you? It might do the trick. Failing that I am sure there is someone you can report them to but I can't remember who at the moment!

I will have a search around and see if I can find some more details for you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Ah yes. OFCOM, Trading standards, FOS.

Have a look at this. Just adapt to your own circumstances.

Harassment by telephone - response letter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Hello there,

I realise they say their agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, I understand they need to have a licence for this and it should be either on the agreement or they should have it in the office. I have done a quick search on the Financial Services Authority site for their address and nothings come up so maybe you can use that.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Hey,

Ive seen around on the net that many people have used this angle, but never got anywhere, as its quite a small issue. (Im not quite sure what you actually want to achieve.. I doubt its worth mucH! apart from as potential leverage to cancel your account)

I needed to get someone removed/cancelled from my account (My old housemate) and tried all sorts.. and eventually went to see them to discuss it.. and they removed him.. Face to face chats with them seem ok.. (But.. the secret weapon- take a small tape recorder.. place it on the table.. and ask if they mind. Turns everything around)

-----

James

Cancel My Contract :: Index