LOWELL PORTFOLIO Ltd - illegal credit report??

Jambo Piper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys. I wonder if any of you could help me with my battle against Lowell?

To cut a long story short, I along with many who post on here, found myself at loggerheads with the above company, who have threatened me with all sorts of action in regards to an old debt that I apparently had with cap-one.

I had taken the advise as generally posted here, and wrote to lowells asking for my copy of the agreement, which they have been unable to provide. (Last September).

My issue now is my credit report. Lowells have opened an account with experian and equifax on the 23/3/07 without my knowledge or consent. (I have only just found this while viewing a copy of my credit report).

To make matters worse, they have registered a default, with the date of the default as March 2002!! Surely this is illegal, as I dont have an agreement with Lowells, therefore how can I default with them?

i wrote to experian explaining the situation, and they contacted Lowells for clarification. Lowells have replied to experian "confirming that the details are accurate and that experian should retain on their data base".

AARGHH!! Has anyone got any idea how to approach this in terms on making Lowells remove the information from my credit file? Or Am I just going to have to take this on the chin?

Thanks in advance for your time.

JP

I'm pretty sure that as they don't have your CCA, they are not able to enforce it...but I think from seeing some previous posts you can get the default removed from your credit file, but I think it means you may have to take them to court or get very savvy on the data protection and consumer credit acts to quote the the law....there are some other Caggers who have won / are fighting against these....might be worth fishing around the forums to find some other threads....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html