Payment Protection Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is so interesting,

I to am dealing with other claims at the mo and when they are done i will be claiming against YCC. Following your thread with massive interest any recent news to update us on???????????

Regards Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

Can I just say ta.

Been looking for claim particulars for a PPI for a little while now, not that I am lazy but I didnt fancy diggin out the relevant legislation mytself, spend all day in law books already, evening and weekends no chance.

Will of course double check and tailor that it fits my particular circumstances.

Ta much

Having read the thread, am I right in thinking that PPI sold pre Jan/Feb 05 when it was regulated is unclaimable? Could someone enlighten me please.

Nope ... Still claim it back..The FSA only started regulating the PPI early 2005..Makes no difference though. Im claiming on one that was sold in 2003..and I aint giving up..:lol: :lol:

Good Luck and got em....

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hiya

I recently phoned Cap1 to ask them to send me a copy of the PPI aggrement, that they have already told me I had signed!!! (wait for it) I couldnt remembering signing this agreements, well it was 5 years ago, never mind cut my long story really short, Yesterday I recieved a letter from Cap1:

Thank you for contacting us(how sweet) for a copy of your application.

Unfortunately, because you made your application online(yes I know that) we dont have a copy to send you(ohh noso how do they know I ticked the box?) I'm sorry for any incovenience this causes you.

------

now I only needed to see this info coz its very rare I do take out PPI, its something Ive never bothered about. Plus & heres the Plus side, which I have already told Cap1 when I took the card out 5 years ago, if I did so they say sign(well click the box) for PPI, & if I knew what I was entitled to, as I was working at that time, then I would have made a claim on the PPI(wouldnt I?) but with my illness starting 3 years ago, I am now being told its to late (ok so its to late) but I didnt know I had PPI. so anyone out there fancy telling me what I should or could do( apart from go to the pub)

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Hi, We received our forms from the ombudsman in which we will be sending this off Monday-by special delivery post as we also have a recorded CD disk that was sent from Nemo-loans-when we played this on our disc on PC the dates were in no particular order-quite jumpy too as if there's bits of conversation missing regarding the loan quote. The main part was 21 April which that call lasted just over 20mins in which we were advised to continue with the insurance or we would have to borrow more, instead of £55,000 it would then have to be £63,000 to cover costs of the existing insurance of the first loan !! We were then informed if you also keep this going imagine what we would get back in 5 years so so !!

We were confused on this and thought we had no option we would just have to keep this going or we would have no choice and to borrow more, so we accepted the insurance or otherwise borrow more. My husband stated 'buts its optional and its a new loan' and the loan adviser said, 'yes its optional but really as its an advance and a new loan if we dont go ahead and keep the insurance we would be paying out more a month and losing as we would have to borrow more' it goes on and on with no other options even when we said there are cheaper options, but she was not having it.

We know this can take up to six months, but as we have all evidence with the CD, could this be resolved quicker ? We have now got to pay a higher mortgage payment a month too:confused: , as our deal ends this month and we were going through the process of a new mortgage deal. We unfortunately cannot go ahead with the new mortgage now as this has to be resolved first. (any info/advice will be a great help-thankyou).

• 1 month later...

Did you consider Sec 137 to 140 CCA 1974?

Extortionate credit bargains

137.—(l) If the court finds a credit bargain extortionate it may reopen the credit

agreement so as to do justice between the parties.

(2) In this section and sections 138 to 140,—

(a) “ credit agreement “ means any agreement between an individual (the “ debtor

“) and any other person (the “ creditor “) by which the creditor provides the

debtor with credit of any amount, and

(b) “ credit bargain “—

(i) where no transaction other than the credit agreement is to be taken into

account in computing the total charge for credit, means the credit agreement,

or

(ii) where one or more other transactions are to be so taken into account,

means the credit agreement and those other transactions, take together.

138.—(1) A credit bargain is extortionate if it—

(a) requires the debtor or a relative of his to make payments (whether

unconditionally, or on certain contingencies) which are grossly exorbitant, or

(b) otherwise grossly contravenes ordinary principles of fair dealing.

What do you think?

• 1 month later...

Claim is now no more. Never made it as far as court, can't say much more suffice it to say the fizzy wine was flowing.

;)

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well done deemacperth, I am about to embark on a similar journey with YCC, am still paying off the PPI (no longer have the car) which was mis-sold to me in 2003!

I will follow your success to try and win my money back too.

:)

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

Capital One *WON* Total £385 plus removal of default

Next Disputing Default Notice - CRA's were very unhelpful, am going to make a complaint to OFT/FSA and considering court action following this.

For the Husband:

NatWest Current Account *WON* Total £3500 plus removal of default

Yes Car Credit PPI Posting SAR and first letter this week...

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

I would reccomend anyone reading this thread to follow the link to the petition set up to raise awareness of the overpriced selling on PPi, with loan agreements.

Petition to: Prohibit loan companies from selling payment protection insurance with credit agreements.

spread the word, too many perople are being steered towards taking overproced ppi, in spite of the FSA's efforts to regulate the industry

Hello people this is my first post,ever.

here goes..

I had a Sainsburys Visa Card from Nov 03 untill May 06. It was`nt untill I got together all the statments [AFTER I CLOSED ACCOUNT :o ]that i noticed along side the charges and interest was Credit Care. I had had the card for 6 monthes before I used it, but some how had Credit Care charges each month? total =£53.05 :eek: .

I am right in thinking credit care IS the ppi ?? help

Also every 12 months a one off charge of £20 calling its self Card Protection?

Also ..I have had £300.00 in late fee`s @ £25. +

Interest:Total £800.00 +

Credit Care £630.00. I know I Can claim back late fee`s, also going to try to claim back ppi, :confused: but can I ADD the interest that they applyed to my account @ 22.9 % ??? I WISH !!

MMmmm I think i`v put my first post in wrong place,but im not sure where the right place is though, sorry.

better go now,

Loti x

This is the insurance that gets sold to you when you take out a loan, HP, credit card etc.

There has been a spate of complaints recently about being mis sold PPI. This is relevant to my Yes Car Credit claim, so I will detail my claim and how far it's gone here.

wow! reading all these posts on YCC/PPI it looks to me that they fob everyone off with the same letter and just fill in the personal details as the quotes from the letter you had are exacly the same as mine i had last week from them after i sent a first letter to demand my money back.

so yesterday i spent ages on the phone and this is where i am at

I contacted the Finacial Ombudsman Services they said that as my agreements were taken out on 28th June 2001 and 9th Feb 2004 they do not deal with anything prior to when they were regulated by the FSA (Financial Services Authtorisation). i cant remember if they said they were regulated in 2005 or 2006 either way my agreements were before then.

I then contacted the FSA, they said YCC were not one of the companys they look into. they said i may have to seek legal advice on this one but recommended that i spoke to Consumer Direct to see if they could be of further help.

Consumer Direct said they couldnt really help but a possible but not likely avenue would be under the supply of goods and services act 1982. Also to check that they were licesed to supply to credit agreement because if they were not any contract with them would be unenforcable anyway. they said to contact the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to do this

OFT said they were licensed 29th November 1997 so i am back to square one. any ideas?

Regards

Jo

• 3 weeks later...

We have the same problem.

We got into difficulties and had the car repossessed. We have been paying for it ever since. The phone calls keep coming asking for more and more money. The latest phone call threatened to take our house if we don't pay more. I have looked at the website which still has details of YCC an it states in bold letters at the bottom hat the loan is secured on the car NOT on your home so how can they suddenly change that?

Coupled with this we are still paying the PPI which, as you say, they took the card off and could have written anything to get it through. We cannot cancel this through our bank as "it is a card payment" although the card has expired and been renewed a couple of times since. We cannot contact the PPI compny as we have no information. All that shows up on our bank statement is "Card Payment to Portland Enterprises". It comes out when they feel like taking it so we never know when this is going to happen. If anyone knows how to contact these people so that we can cancel this insurance (we have no need for it now as we do not have the car)!

We also estimate that we have paid for the car, when you take into account how much they got for our old car, the amount we had already paid and how much they got for the car at auction.

Hi there

thanks for your post. i am being helped with my claim by a company called protected investments ltd. you have to request a S.A.R. FROM DIRECT AUTO FINANCIAL SERVICES WITH A FEE OF £10 to cover the cost with documents to confirm who you are. I am not sure how my claim will go as I have only just started the process.

If you contact Protected Investments Ltd directly and explain what has happened so far they may be able to assist you further and advise you want to do next. To find out more about them and who they are

Their details are

Peter Bottomley

Director

Protected Investments Limited

Tel: 01858 881000

Fax: 01858 881137

Protected Investments Limited

The Old Hall

Husbands Bosworth

Leicestershire

LE17 6LZ

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Jo

Hello All,

If you need help and advice on reclaiming back your mis-sold ppi, can you please start your own thread. Your questions and comments will get lost on some-one else's thread.

Thanks

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

hi, i'm new to all this, we brought a car in approx sept 2006 from yes car credit, i think we got misssold the ppi as they said we couldn't have the car without it, on the day we went it was sweltering hot and we had a 6 month old baby with us who was teething and they really put pressure on us. we brought a car for 8000 pound and we thought we'd agreed a 2 year term at 400 pound a month, 2 years into having the car, we was going to get rid of it and i decided to check our credit report and that said we still owed 7000 pounds, i wrote to them asking why and we was told we had actually signed a 4 year agreement!!!!, so we decided to cut our losses and give it back (couldn't bear the thought of another 2 years of 400 a month) anyway they took the car back and then we get told we still owe 800 pounds under the contract we signed....so basically we drove their car around for 2 years at a cost of aprrox 8000 pounds, gave the car back and then had to give them more money for the pleasure!!!!!!.... where do i start to see what we might be able to claim back????? where would i send the original letter...we felt really let down by them and a bit of revenge would be sweet