DCAs let them phish

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All,

Just a quick update.

Early last year I started getting letters from Mack Hall saying please contact us as you owe money blah blah blah.

Then came Crapquest then Lowells then DLC all for different debts all threatening court the death sentence and other unsavourary acts.

To date I have ignored all of them and I plan to carry on doing so, to date nothing has happened and there threats are empty like there heads.

Im not advising this course of action to anyone else, its just to let you know that the scare tactics and bullying dont work with everyone. And you should consider your way forward carefully before stumping up the cash to these creatures.

Good Luck

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

I had an instance with a company called Power2contact who sent me a card saying they were going to call Wednesday between 9am and 9pm. I spent all days watchinbg the door and waiting for the knock which never came. They just want you to call them and think threatening you with a visit will get the desired effet.

i would only reply if they threaten a SD or default you

simply ignoring all other letters seems to suffice

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

it seems that the DCA strategy of sending you a letter stating 'pay us or else' has been seen for what it is. crud.

more and more people are challeging the DCAs right to chase you for an alleged debt, and with no CCA requests being fulfilled, the game is up.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

This year is the 5th year i have been ignoring them, the result? well no one has taken me to court yet (touch wood), lowell did issue me with a SD just before xmas though, set aside application went in, cca request sent which they are in default of and the 12 days plus calender month ends in a weeks time, of course its up to the individual as to how they wish to deal with their debts, looking back on it all i should have gone bankrupt 5 years ago, i had nothing to lose at that time and would be left with a clean credit record next year (although my record should on the whole be clean by then anyway), just deal with them as they take action from now on, my conscience is clean as i did try and sort things out when i initially got into difficulty but no one wanted to know! and there are many thousands of unlawful charges in there now