Help Gym Problem

boo_kitty10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am writing this for my partner he went to view a gym which he liked his friend signed up there and then but he did not as he had no bank details on him so we went back later that date with my bank card again he couldnt sign up as i didnt have the account number or sort code on my crd and i didnt know them off by heart so we said forget it he'd go to a pay as u go gym instead - after that he received numerous phone calls saying the deposit had been paid and when would he be in for his induction (we knew it was lies as they had no bank details/card details to take any money out of so knew it was a ploy to get him in the gym told them not interested but they continued ringing daily saying same thing)

anyway on mondy he receives a letter from debt collector sayin he owes the gym 300 odd pound to gym when he has never even been there - we've rang spoke to someone after i asked to spoke to manager (got put through to someone lter found he wasnt even the manager they put through to anyone) who said he'd investigate and get back to me no reply i have rang evry day 3/4 times and get told he will call back of course he never does what do we do now - he is getting his name black listed over a debt he doesnt even owe, someone please help, any advice would be appreciated

Guest Gertie100

Write to debt collection agency stating you do not acknowledge any debt.

Did your partner get an ID card, or anything to suggest that he had actually managed to open an account with them?

did your partner sign a contract?

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

nothing received, no id card, no paperwork, nothing - he did sign something for membership but when we went in to give bank details we told them to cancel it we're not intersted, the lady said ok and we watched her screw up the forms....

ah but they might have been in the system to be processed already. You should write to the gym reminding them that you requested for the membership to be cancelled on the basis of his bank card being inadequate for them.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)