Natwest gives DCA disputed debt

rhig123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sent default letters for two accounts last November, one of which has a claim stayed at my local court for bank charges. The other account is -£399.99 which I intend to pay off on Monday,

IntrumJustitia sent me a letter today asking for the total. I have sent Natwest letters informing them of the account being in dispute but they seem to have lost them all and wont stop calling me. So far nothing has appeared on my credit file so I have left the situation but it looks like they are going to go for a CCJ.

If I pay them the outstanding balance for the non disputed account by cheque explaining how the other account is in dispute can I ensure they only use the money for that purpose? This is the first time I have been given a total balance as opposed to two amounts, for the balances of each account.

Many thanks,

Richard

This happens all to often.

So time to throw a letter at IJ.

Don't panic too much about court action as there are alot of hoops to jump through before it gets there.

Edit as needed

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

As holders of a Consumer Credit Licence you are obliged to comply with the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection. I would therefore be obliged if you would provide me with an explanation as to why you are attempting to collect on an alleged debt which was disputed with BANK NAME prior to your first contact with me, and has yet to be resolved.

Since this is considered an unfair practice and contrary to the OFT guidelines, you should consider this letter as a formal complaint, and provide me with a copy of your complaint resolution procedure.

I also require you to confirm that you will now comply with the OFT guidelines, and will not attempt any further collection activity whilst the dispute is unresolved.

Should you fail to provide me with the required undertaking within 7 days, I shall report your breach of the OFT Guidelines to Trading Standards and complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Take notice that I will not discuss this matter on the telephone, and all further communication must be in writing. Any further telephone calls will be perceived as harassment, and dealt with accordingly.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

That should cover it.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too