dfs problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this maybe in the wrong place but here's my problem i live in Hull and was one of the many of the people who where flooded so my insurance company as part of my claim asked me to get a quote for a new sofa so we went to dfs and saw two 2 seater sofas that would replace the flood damaged ones that we have ( this was the beginning of December 2007 ) the insurance company agreed the price and sent us a cheque to be passed on to dfs .the bloke who dealt with us gave us a delivery date of beginning of february but said if there was any problems ( building hold ups etc )to give them a ring. i rung them at the beginning of this week as the full downstairs of the property i being replaced and told them that a delivery of end of march beginning of April would be better as we have no way of storing the sofas . we now have been told that we need to be passed on to the manager who wont be in the office until Thursday ( today ) and they have no storage space. now what rights do i have...? can i cancel and get my money back if they refuse to hold back on delivery....any advice will be much appreciated

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your flooding, but I assume that is all done and dusted now? Just the putting back to normal of everything lost or ruineD?

As for DFS, I would suggest tlaking to their head office not the local branch and seeing if you get anywhere there...

1 Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange, Adwick-le-Street, Doncaster, DN6 7NA is their registered office so perhalps a quick letter out to them explaining the situation may get somewhere...

Sorry but hope that gives you some ideas?

Penfold

Also contact the insurance company. Is the cheque payable to you personally or can it only be used to get the goods from DFS? If the latter, the insurance company are responsible for indemnifying you, and somone in the inurer should (hopefully) call DFS and use their clout.