• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

cardif pinnacle policy document not provided

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cardif pinnacle have not supplied me with the policy document or any other document in relation to my policies ,to which i have had three :mad: .so PLEASE could anybody else who has never been issued their policy PM me or just post here.my policies are all ppi.i need help to prove that this has happened to more than just me thank you

yes an sar has been sent .my problem now lies with on having made a claim,which has been paying out monthly.cp now say i have failed to meet the terms set out in the policy.i had requested the policy previously but it has never been provided.hence trying to find other people this has happened to:(

Hi lilal. I made a complaint about PPI that I took out to Cardiff Pinnical a couple of months ago. I got a letter back saying they have refered me back to the original lender. I felt it was a bit of a dodge of my complaint!!!! I need to follow it up though as I've heard nothing from the original lender either.

------------------------------------------------

HFC, PPI - With FOS

NatWest, Default Removal - In Progress

Intelligent Finance, Default Removal & Charges Claimback - In Progress

HSBC, Default Removal & Charges Claimback - In Progress

Abbey, Bank Charges - In Progress

Lloyds, PPI **WON**

Halifax, Charges - Court Claim **WON** Donation Made To CAG

GE Money, Charges - Court Claim **WON**

GE Money, PPI **WON**

HFC, Charges **WON**

Halifax, PPI - Court Claim **WON**

Vodafone, Default Removal **WON**

No it's IF......

HFC, PPI - With FOS

Lloyds, PPI **WON**

GE Money, PPI **WON**

HFC, Charges **WON**

thanks alan ,only i think it,s going to be an uphill struggle to prove my case without other cp customers help

Once it is established that the policy was unsuitable (which they have admitted) the burden of proof switches to them to prove they did not missell it. Have a good read through the stickies at the top of the PPI forum as the legal basis of this is fully explained.

Although I'm about start work on an N1 for court for GE Capital for PPI misselling. They sold PPI to me when I was a student and working under 16 hours a week.

Please don't be disheartened, I got like that a few weeks ago. I've had 2 successful cases of missold PPI. One a few weeks ago for around £50 from a catalogue and I heard back from a well know credit card company yesterday that they are upholding my complaint plus interest. I worked out how much it will be and without interest its over £1100. I seriously didn't think I was getting anywhere. Please keep at them!!!! When I get the money I'm going to make a donation to this site because it and everyone on here have been such a help to me.

HFC, PPI - With FOS

Lloyds, PPI **WON**

GE Money, PPI **WON**

HFC, Charges **WON**

thanks anita.i complained to ge last feb ,fos unable to help ,it,s now with the fla.but it seems that they are all in each others pockets :mad: .i have 2 current policies, one of which i have been missold ,the other is the policy cp have closed for breach of conditions .this i,m not trying to claim as misselling(and that fact that i have claimed on it ) as far as not providing a policy so how do i know what the conditions are :( .i was provided with a schedule of insurance but from ge ,this is all i have ever had and thought i would get as i thought that i was buying the policy from them:confused: ,this states how much the premium is,however i now realise this premium is in fact an additional loan to purchase an insurance policy:( how flippin stupid am i.so now it,s all gone pete tong where are the regulatory bodies to back the consumer, yup and the advice from the customer relations person from norwich union ,more like birds of a feather:-x

When were the policy's taken out? Have you received any kind of signed consumer credit act, application form or insurance documents from GE or Norwich Union?

HFC, PPI - With FOS

Lloyds, PPI **WON**

GE Money, PPI **WON**

HFC, Charges **WON**

OK my advice would probably be no good.

The only thing I guess you can do it push them because they have admitted that the policy is unsutiable. In that case they shouldn't have sold you it in the first place.

The other thing that is maybe worth looking at is if the CCA is correct. Does it have all the perscribed terms etc. If not then it not executed and argue they shouldn't have taken the money in the first place.

HFC, PPI - With FOS

Lloyds, PPI **WON**

GE Money, PPI **WON**

HFC, Charges **WON**

• 2 months later...

ok my file against pinnacle is now with the FOS .so if anybody else who has the same thing, no policy provided it WOULD BE very much appreciated if you contact the FOS and let them know :) .thank you

Lilal Re Pinnacle Insurance. It may be you're waisting your time with pinnacle and should be concentrating on the company/bank etc who fronted their policy to you.

I have a similar claim against Lombard who used Pinnacle until 2005 based on the fact I never knew their was a PPI on the loan until I had reason to query a detail after the loan had been cleared and it's only recently I've had copy of this alleged insurance contracts terms and conditions sent to me. By itself the insurance terms and conditions are useless on three points - employment status -pre existing health conditions - and most useless of all a maximum 12 month cover for a three year agreement. However your recourse is probably against the loan providor not the insurer. It is also required of the loan providor that they supply you with the terms and conditions of the insurance; otherwise they are selling you a product they know nothing about. Common Law of contract doesn't like that.

Meanwhile, have a look at the Financial Ombudsman Service web site. Publications issue 62. This should give you a fair idea on the criteria they look for in deciding PPI complaints. Best of luck

thanks pitbull ,with this issue i,m not claiming it,s missold as i had been claiming on the policy (it does pee me off though that the policy is 5yrs on a 7 yr loan and as i had an rta :mad: which was not my fault i can,t now state that it is missold),pinnacle have now suspended it and are even demanding that i repay to them the loan payments they paid about £8000.i,m still not back at work either .my argument is that they failed to administer the policy correctly ,it.s like making a set of rules but not stating what they are :eek: .i requeseted the policy doc 2 times by phone which was never sent and when they did send a copy with my sar ,the one they sent had someone else,s policy number on it and started 4 months later .i have tried the fos regarding ge money who sold this and wife,s policy(see other post) but as it was pre 05 they cannot help,however they can act against pinnacle because they belonged to the GISC pre 05.

Hi Lilal.

a quick check seems to me state mis-sold PPI was this a single premium policy? How can they suspend it if you are still paying the monthly payments?

Who sold the policy to you in the first place?

Keep at them the SAR request is a Legal request in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1974 and if the organisation do not abide with the rules then the law namely the Information Commissioners Office can order them to release all the information you have requested.

The more complaints to the Information Commissioner Officee (ICO) the Financial Ombudsman Office (FOS) the Financial Services Authority (FSA) the British Bankers Association (BBA) The sooner we may have a result for the consumers;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

yes i am kicking up fuss with whoever i can :) .pinnacle even sent me copies of other policyholders policy no,s, cover even how much it cost and when d/d would be taken .these i sent to ICO,my case is with FOS but do to their workload it could be a little while:(

like i say i,m not going for mis-selling as i have claimed just that now they have stopped it and demand that i repay the benefit they paid out.ge /first national sold it and yup is front loaded

Lilal ; sorry for the delay in answering your post. In my opinion nothing you have said regarding the PPI you were sold distingquishes from not being a missold policy. The questions to be answered are

a) Did the loan provider sign you up? b) Or did you source the insurance and arrange it? c) Have you arranged with the loan provider to extend the term of the loan? d) Are you now in receipt of a Pinnacle terms and conditions document (Is there a cluase in it stating the payments are for 12months max. Just check, they're quite well known for this.)

Apart from b, all the other possibilities are actionable under misselling. But I'm a bit of a numptie in this cyberspace navigation and lingo and without facts is diffecult to advise, but if I can help I will.

One other question, on what grounds are they asking you to repay the £8k?

• 5 months later...

Hi Lilal, I think we have spoken before. I'm at the moment have a claim for PPI from Loans.co.uk (insurance with Cardif Pinnacle). This is with the FOS and has been for nearly 8 months. I ring the FOS every few weeks and told that there is a back log - so I am just having to be patient. I never received any paperwork for this PPI from Cardif Pinnacle or Loans.co.uk, so am in the same position as you. I am hoping it will be a good outcome. I am claiming for mis-selling especially due to the fact that my medical history would not of allowed for a payout if the need had arised. I know the FOS as very busy, they tell me they have all the paperwork from Loans.co.uk and are just waiting for my case to be looked at now. I was wondering whether after waiting 8 months they could still refuse to help, I am hoping that if it was a definate 'no' then they would of let me know earlier as it seems unfair to keep me hanging on all this time and then to refuse my claim. But I will keep you informed, how long have you been waiting to hear from the FOS? just wondering the time scale - hoping that it is not too much longer.

hang on in there :),i contacted the fos in feb this year .the first decision i rejected i don,t think that they had looked into it very deep .sided with pinnacle but i stated that if it was the case of me claiming it was missold i would have a case as they have failed to provide the relevant info.however i have made a claim on this policy and i am not claiming misselling,cp claim to have administered the policy according to fsa and abi codes of insurance practise.i dispute this on the grounds of product disclosure and deliberate concealment .they cp can,t hide behind the fact that the fsa regs of jan 2005 started after my agreement started ,as the chairman in his 2004 end of year report states that cp are working with their clients to assist them in meeting with these new regs,meaning cp are themselves already working to them

• 1 year later...

Don't know if you managed to sort this but I'm having the same issue.

I made a claim when I got laid off and they paid every month without fail. Got laid of again and they told me they would only continue with my previous claim as I hadn't returned to work for long enough.

In their T&C's which I never recieved and had to request them twice before they arrived.

Going to report them to FOS and sue them if the need arises as I took this insurance to cover a secured loan I had added to my mortgage with Northern Rock. Northern Rock actually recommended it as it was a secured loan.

So now they are only going to pay me 4 payments then the 12 months is up. I had no idea it didn't cover me for any time I was unemployed.

How can they recommend a policy on a secured loan which they know full well could end up costing you your house and not tell you your only covered for 12 months.

If I don't find another job in 3 months I'm going to be scr*ed with a capital S. I haven't got the money laying around to pay them and this is in effect their fault.

I could end up losing my house

Thanks

Scrapper Coco :cool:

Edited by Scrapper

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.