Can I return mobile phone outwith 14 day cooling off period?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a new phone with an 18 month contract on Orange, from Phones 4 U in November. Since then I have received messages 12 hours after they were sent and some messages I haven't received at all. Sometimes I have no signal in my house and sometimes no signal at work.

I am self-employed so my phone really is my livelihood. I can't use this useless piece of plastic for the next 18 months! :o

I have been very busy over Christmas and New Year (like most of us!) so haven't had much opportunity to contact Phones 4 U. I finally did get in touch with them this morning though and asked it I could cancel my contract and go back to Vodafone (with whom I never had any problems), but they have informed me that as I am outwith the 14 day cooling off period there is nothing I can do.

Can anyone tell me if this is this the case?

Much appreciated.

Hi Theodjinn, You were sold the phone you wanted and placed with the provider you requested. Phones 4 u have met their side of the bargain.

'I would' write to orange asking to cancel your contract stating that they are not providing the service you are paying for as you cannot get a signal.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with the legal side to help you out. :)

You need to determine whether or not it is a problem with the phone or the signal. If it is the phone, then it is not fit for purpose and you should be entitled to a replacement. If it is the service itself, then it will need to be determined whether or not the service is normal. Most companies state what areas are covered, and what can affect signals. If these are conditions are present, then you may have some difficulty.

However, it is P4U that sold you the phone and service, and it is them who are responsible in most cases. Deal with them first.