Mackem67 vs Cabot/Kingshill ? vanquis card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Leaflet and 2 letters today from Cabot saying they have bought my vanquis card account.

It says to contact them to arrange payments etc etc

Do I do that or do I need to CCA them?

I have previous dealings with this company except they were then Kingshill No 1.

They actually have a charge on my property regarding an old bank account with the Coop, with whom I have been in touch about bank charges but the Coop reckon they have no knowledge of such an account.

Is there anything I can do about the charge??

How long ago was the Co-op account? Having ditched you to the Cabot cabal, they might have no data on you any more if it was a good while ago.

CCA re. Vanquis. But depending on how you applied for your card, and when, your agreement might be pretty well enforcable. But tell us as much as possible and we'll see what's what.

DON'T contact them by phone. Make them run through all the hoops to prove they are entitled to any money first. NEVER phone them. And if it turns out you DO owe them money, negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. They'll have paid pennies in the pound for a debt based on a card with a highly immoral interest rate. IMVHO, of course.

If they decide to hit you with the original interest rate that Vanquis used, you'll be paying this of for ever. So yes. CCA the buggers. It can't hurt.

Thanks for reply seahorse,

The co-op account was well over 6 years ago and I did SAR them last year with the reply that they have no data or anything to say I even had an account.

My problem is that Cabot have a charging order on our house for the debt to the Co-op, is there anything I can do?

I know it's probably been left far too late to do anything but I can try. lol

I will CCA for the Vanquis card and see what they come up with and as you say if its enforcable then I'll negotioate via snail mail with them .

I'm not at all sure what can be done about a charging order in light of the fact that Co-op have no longer have any record of your account. But surely Cabot must have. At the very least, I'd SAR Cabot to see what juicy stuff they hold.

We really need one of our resident legal experts to help here. Hopefully soon, or I'll start PM'ing around. I'll do some background digging too. And it might even be worth having a chat with a firm of solicitors. See if one will do a "free" consultation so at least you'll know if it's something worth pursuing. You'd want to be asking what can be done if there was a charging order obtained without there being any evidence that a debt existed. I assume you didn't attend the hearing to defend?