Am I Entitled To A Percentage of My Details?

chocolatte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just watching Watchdog tonight and see that the local councils can sell MY details off the electoral register to companies or indeed anyone who asks for a list.

Am I entitled to a percentage of what they make as it is my name they are using?

I'm beginning to think that I can do what I like in this country, if there are crooks like this profiting out of the privilaged position they are in.

If councils can do s**t like this then so can we all...:mad:

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

You can opt out and say you only want to appear on the edited register when you fill in the forms.

I know, and fortunately for me I, I did opt out when I stumbled accross the tiny box obscured by all the other writing on the form.

But still, we should really have to give written consent for them to do this, how many times have we been refused information about our spouses by the banks et al because of the 'data protection act', bla bl***y bla'

Surely this applies?

Loughing ou Very Loudly:p

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

we should really have to give written consent for them to do this

this i have argued about for years it should be a written contract to share or sell your data this should include banks finance and others,it should never be in any contract as it is against your free will and mind to be forced to tick a box or whatever...