Telephone Harassment Letters Not Respected.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any complaints regarding Debt Collection should be raised to the FOS, this has already been done with the FOS siding with Barclays First Plus, according to them they are entitled to do this.

Barclays also received complaint from me direct, their legals say they are entirely within their rights!!!!

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

• 2 weeks later...

Well FOS have replied, and I quote:-

I have noted the legal clauses that you have quoted, but as we are not a legislative body, we do not have the power to judge if businesses may have acted outside of the law.

This shower are needing shut down, complete waste of space.

Well FOS have replied, and I quote:-

I have noted the legal clauses that you have quoted, but as we are not a legislative body, we do not have the power to judge if businesses may have acted outside of the law.

This shower are needing shut down, complete waste of space.

Sounds familiar their response to any complaint.

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

They are correct of course the FOS is their to

decide on fairness not to judge breaches of law.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Put all the information you have into a submission to

your MP and the OFT.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Correct, they dont deal with individual cases. But they do act if theres a lot of complaints against one company. Thats why time and time again we have said to ALWAYS complain. Your complaint could be the one that pushes the OFT/FOS to actually do something.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

OFT do not deal with individual cases, regulatory body is the FOS.

The OFT is the issuer and comptroller of licences in the Consumer Credit arena and issues regulation

and guidance as such the FOS is as suggested by its' title a mediatory body set up to make assessment

and decisions on financial disputes.

OFT do not deal with individual cases, regulatory body is the FOS.

The Financial Ombudsman Service is there to investigate individual complaints on possible

infringements of the regulations and guidance made or given by the regulators.

THE FOS IS NOT A LEGISLATIVE BODY>

I have made complaint to OFT, got their standard response, also complained to OFCOM at the same time, and had their standard response.

Just going round in circles it would appear.

They dont deal with complaints individually but they do collate all information. Once they have a lot of complaints about a certain company THEN they get involved, unless they suspect a serious breach of code. Then they will investigate sooner. Thats why it is so important that if people have any issues with a creditor, they MUST complaint to the relevant regulatory body asap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 3 months later...

Sent a recorded delivery letter to Santander Cards two weeks ago, with a copy to their complaints dept.( they had already acknowledged a previous request to only communicate in writing)

I still get daily 'phone calls, which are upsetting and stressful for my wife, who is convalescing from cancer.

If I answer, before they ask any security questions, I ask for the caller's full name and date of birth, which, of course, they refuse to give. I then tell them that I am unable to speak to them and hang up.

They still call again the following day. These people can't read, or think they are above the law.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your interest and reply.

Yes I have tried it, and sent it recorded delivery, also a copy to Complaints, this is what I actually wrote:

Collections Dept.

Santander Cards Ltd

2, Triton Square,

Regent’s Place,

London,

NW1 3AN 22nd August 2012

Dear Sir,

Credit Card Number: xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx Re: Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. I have written confirmation of my request that all communication should be in writing, in a letter, dated 20th July 2012 (your ref: xxxxxx) from Amanda Brown, Complaints Investigation Officer.

I was under the impression that I had made quite clear to several members of your staff that my wife is recovering from cancer surgery and chemo-therapy, and finds your harassing telephone calls, both stressful and not conducive to her convalescence.

I therefore repeat my request that all further correspondence from your company be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded, logged and monitored.

Yours faithfully,

pipandjackadncol

Result, no acknowledgement from either set of morons and total non-compliance.

Agreed. Get a full complaint into all regulators and also ofcom.

Keep a diary of their telephone harassment, then take that to your local police station and lodge a formal complaint against them for the criminal offence of harassment, inform your local MP also, have them raise the continued criminal offence these clowns commit in the commons.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!