Telephone Harassment Letters Not Respected.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Angel,

I have just purchased a truecall device and am very pleased with it.

I spoke to Alan on the CAG before I purchased it and after I sent my proof of purchase to him, he sent my free memory card straight away.

It's a great machine and you can record all calls or just select as required.

You get a years free internet service and once your signed up, it's easy to log into your details and sync them over.

It's got some great features, blocking calls, pre selecting who you want to speak to etc and you can really tailor it to suit your requirements.

I phoned the truecall helpdesk asking about an extender which is not due on the market for a few months and they sent me one free of charge, great service.

Any more info required, let me know.

Cheers Elg.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elg,

Type up a standard letter (mine is posted below). Send it to Trading standards in the locality of the company office, OFCOM, the OFT and keep a copy.

Make all parties aware that you have sent a copy to each of the other parties.

As soon as Rockwell/Tessera/Fenton Cooper got my copy they cancelled my debt instantly.

Hope this helps

Simon

MY ADDRESS

12/2/2009

THEIR ADDRESS

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded and logged for future reference to the Harrassment Act stated above.

Yours faithfully,

Simon Johnson-Ware

OFCOm

Ofcom

Riverside House

2a Southwark Bridge Road

London

SE1 9HA

OFT

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX.

Hope this helps (google is always the best to find any address or contact phone#)

The Police will not deal with criminal harassment, a company cannot in the eyes of criminal law cause a harassment. you can take out a civil claim though, this is definitive answer on this one. Trading Standards have taken on my case at the moment. Ofcom dont want to know again its classed as a marketing call. MBNA AEGIS BARCLAYCARD just do not stop no matter how many letters they get.

MT, can you clarify this for me. I'm just about to go off to the Police about harassment calls from a bank.

Don't want to make a fool of myself on the one hand but do want to deal with this properly on the other.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I've tried OFCOM who aren't able to accept my complaint. They do have regulations for Sales and Marketing calls but debt collection doesn't fall within this scope.

The TPS also only deals with Sales and Marketing calls.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Barclays...no matter how many letters I send, how many times I tell them that they need to WRITE to me, how many times I "threaten" them with the relevant authorities...they still call...5...10..15 times a day.

Taking them to Court for harassment now..its the only way to go.

Hannah x

• If Wishes Were Horses...
  • Hannahbtw Vs Woolwich ~settled in full! £2248.87~8/6/07
  • Hannahbtw's OH Vs Natwest~ settled in full! £2155.35~5/7/07

hi there,

Type up a standard letter (mine is posted below). Send it to Trading standards in the locality of the company office, OFCOM, the OFT and keep a copy.

As soon as Rockwell/Tessera/Fenton Cooper got my copy they cancelled my debt instantly.

Hope this helps

Simon

MY ADDRESS

12/2/2009

THEIR ADDRESS

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded and logged for future reference to the Harrassment Act stated above.

Yours faithfully,

i too want to complain about some companys not respecting teh telephone harrassment letter.

I will send the above letter again to them, but what letter do i send to the authorities?

Does anyone have any template letter i could use please?

Thanks,

jellybabe

Brialliant information thanks very much. Krispy looks like you got your first green rep.

My first green rep, yay:) Glad to be of help Muffintop;) I have been rather poorly for a while so not been online so its nice to see Ive helped soeone even when Ive not been here.

regards

Krispy:-)

Elg,

Hope this helps

Simon

Thanks simon,

Elg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aktiv Kapital despite a self-composed harassment letter and me threatening to charge them an "administration fee" of £50 for each hang-up call I received from them - I guess they owe me several thousand pounds by now.

I'm going to try one of the templates now and the statute barred letter as it refers to a disputed debt from 2001 that I have never accepted

I'm also having issues with Halifax (Intelligent Finance...intelligent, i think not!?!)

Called 4 times between sunday morning and monday evening. I have now started to anwser their calls and confirm it is halifax, before hanging up. Hopefully this will register the calls on their systems and raise a £10 charge as proof of the call.

:D No longer angry with Abbey - they paid out £2500 in unlawful charges!

• 4 weeks later...

Sent letters to the following companies

Black Horse - Now with solicitor (They have agreed not to charge me for the work as there are over 7 significant breaches on the agreement) sand will claim costs lol (They still phone lol)

Aqua Card - Ask to stop calling 32 phone calls after receipt of letter including to my employer. (Shame that they note all incoming calls lol it in the work log)

Barclaycard - no phone calls - Silly letter saying they have complied (not) check by solicitor.

Vanquis - Lots of phone calls

Now for the stars of the show weighing in with 47 calls and a telephone recording of a manger refusing to stop the calls until i make payment on the diputed account, yes he understands the concerns arounf CCA request and that i have provided written authority for the solicitor but he is required to ensure i make the payment. (on recording) I explained that pursuing the debt is not permitted as disputed and as they have failed to provide a copy of my agreement.

The got told to stop delaying the bill as it is now being referred to collections and will affect my credit rating - hahahahahaha i asked if that was a threat, he stated that he didn't beleive i was recording calls and all i am doing is trying to delay payments, They are not prepared to accept the requests and will continue to phone. I asked for his manager (wa going to play it back) he refused saying he will when i have made a payment. I hung up lol and had to play it back just for fun!

How should i now proceed lol this one i want a judge to hear.

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

• 1 month later...

HALIFAX! Sent all the 'formal' notifications. I think they must have rolled them up and smoked them whilst they carried on ringing me up to 7 times a day before I bought software for my mobile which CUTS THEM RIGHT OFF!

YAY!!!!! :p

Edited by iddles10
The law offers you no protection.

Sent letters to the following companies

Black Horse - Now with solicitor (They have agreed not to charge me for the work as there are over 7 significant breaches on the agreement) sand will claim costs lol (They still phone lol)

Aqua Card - Ask to stop calling 32 phone calls after receipt of letter including to my employer. (Shame that they note all incoming calls lol it in the work log)

Barclaycard - no phone calls - Silly letter saying they have complied (not) check by solicitor.

Vanquis - Lots of phone calls

Now for the stars of the show weighing in with 47 calls and a telephone recording of a manger refusing to stop the calls until i make payment on the diputed account, yes he understands the concerns arounf CCA request and that i have provided written authority for the solicitor but he is required to ensure i make the payment. (on recording) I explained that pursuing the debt is not permitted as disputed and as they have failed to provide a copy of my agreement.

The got told to stop delaying the bill as it is now being referred to collections and will affect my credit rating - hahahahahaha i asked if that was a threat, he stated that he didn't beleive i was recording calls and all i am doing is trying to delay payments, They are not prepared to accept the requests and will continue to phone. I asked for his manager (wa going to play it back) he refused saying he will when i have made a payment. I hung up lol and had to play it back just for fun!

How should i now proceed lol this one i want a judge to hear.

Hey, I read somewhere yesterday (on here) that you can be personally sued for breaking the law on behalf of your company. I would, personally, send the copy to the credit reference agencies and tell them to remove the entries. :D

• 3 weeks later...

MBNA...sent telephone letter, then received phone call at work from new DCA! Am now sending them a letter and seriously considering my options as they have still failed to provide a CCA since November 08!

Littlewoods Direct. The only problem we have with them is that we are one month in arrears always - just don't have the extra to pay two months in one go at the moment. However, we always make our monthly payment on time, no problem there, we just happen to be one month behind! However, this didn't stop them continually phoning at all hours, trying to get us up to date. We sent the template harrassment letter from here and they actually wrote back a month later confirming that they'd removed our number from their records and would communicate only in writing from now on (I still have the letter).

Things were fine until we went on holiday last week and we didn't make our payment before we went. We returned yesterday to see they'd phoned every day, for the whole week! They also sent a letter asking for payment (that's fine, we requested that, after all). We made our payment over the phone straight away, thinking that would be that but no....today they phoned again! Hubby told them we'd paid yesterday and has asked for a copy of their complaints procedure. Grrr! Not sure what letter to send now though, but I'm sure we'll come up with something!