Telephone Harassment Letters Not Respected.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please post here if you have sent off an official telephone harassment letter template, it has not been respected and you are still being telephoned. Please state what organisation you sent the letter off to. Thanks.

If the opposite is true and they have stopped ringing please post on this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/126110-telephone-harassment-letters-respected.html[/url]

If you are being harassed, but haven't yet sent off a letter, then please do. More responses are definitely needed. I want to let this thread fester for a couple of months and then see what's what. I have a couple of good ideas on what to do next.

The telephone harassment letter can be found here:

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it is not enough to JUST threaten to write to the governing bodies + complain about the telephone harassment

...U actually HAVE to follow it through!...;)

Eventually the DCA will get the message.

...Just refuse to be intimidated + be engaged in dialogue + politely put the phone down on them...:)

Link Financial used to call me several times a day, every day.

I sent the Template Letter off + the calls dropped to a couple a day for the 1st few months, then to once a week @ the same time on the same day.

Now, it's just once a month.

...In fact, I can't remember when they last called tbh, it's been that long since they did!...:eek:

Buchanan clark and wells,and Robinson way both seem incapable of understanding english,had my brother answer my phone on speaker(recorded )buchanans gave my personal details to him how much etc,sent of letter to local trading standards office who have sent me a form to record times dates etc of calls from both companies.

GE Money, I sent them a telephone harrassment letter about six months ago, the phone calls stopped. In October, while I was on holiday, they began again, because I had missed a payment on my store card. I sent them another letter which they have ignored, and claim they have the "right to phone me" I received another few calls from these muppets last week, late payment with store card, again I had been away over Xmas, I had already paid it. And all for the sake of 300 quid, which I owe on the card, less any charges, for which I am sending them an SAR as we speak.

I shall have rid of these idiots by the spring!!:D

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Marlin Financial, collecting for Yes Car Credit as was. They still ring every now and again trying to get my hubby to up his payments, even though the amount he pays is what was ordered by the court.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Halifax, of course !! Total blatant ignorance, write and tell them this again, copy in and complain to the CEO, Trading Standards, OFT, MP & Police. Calls have now stopped again ..... this is also without the compliance with my CCA request .... all in all they just don't care...... so neither do I !!!

Halifax also respond to written requests that you will only correspond in writing by sending you a letter ..... asking you to call them ???

Lloyds TSB continued to call despite two letters one recorded delivery one not; speaking of which any idea how long Recorded Delivery letters take to show up on the royal mail site, I sent two three days ago and nothing as yet on one of them the other confirmed deliverered.

Halifax and capquest here. Sent both of them telling them no calls and all communication was to be in writing only.

Since then I have had 2 calls of each of them. All 4 times I refused to give my address and date of birth and hung up on them.

I'm now keeping a log of any calls and as of today will be recording any future calls from them. When I have enough evidence, then the complaint letters will follow to TS and OFT

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Capital One seemed to get the message from me a while ago. But on closer reading, I think the calls stopped due to a refund of the difference between their charges and the OFT prescribed £12 being credited to my account.

However, they called me at work on 30th November 2007, I asked them not to phone me at work any more and they didn't.

At this point they did not have a number for me at home and I issued an N1 about a month later.

So, it looks to me like the letter had no effect at all, but asking them to stop calling me at work was acted upon.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Sending the stop phoning letter by recorded delivery gives you proof you have asked/told them to stop.

If they ignore that letter its their problem. Especially if you log their calls - dates, times etc - and after the second or third make a complaint. You can complain to the Information Commissioner for misuse of data, to the Telecoms Regulator for misuse of a telephone systems and to the police for plain harrassment. If they claim to act on behalf of solicitors complain about their actions to the Law Society as well. Copy your complaints to the OFT questioning the caller's fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.

I have seen harrassment phone calls dealt with severely by the courts. Don't just take the flak, give it out - with interest! Evenetually the debt collecting industry will realise that continual phoning, harrassment and bullying is not the way forward.

The OFT Guidance requires that DCAs should respect a debtor's wishes as to where and when he is contacted. I recently wrote to MBNA (on behalf of someone else) about heir phone harassment; their reply was that they'd stop, but if they didn't get their money they'd start again - and they continued to phone. I then quoted the OFT rules and made clear that 'Ms X does not wish to be contacted at (phone number) at any time.' The calls have now stopped, and if they start again, then TS and FOS can also be complained to.

Capital one,

Sent a letter by recorded delivery ,which was signed for,asking them to stop calling me and remove my number from their system.Date requesting they desist ringing me 20/06/06

Stopped for a while,but for the past 4 months ago ,they have been ringing my number up to 5 times a day.Each time I remind them of my request from 20/06/06 ,and again ask them to remove my number from their system,inform them that this is harrssment,but lately I have been telling them they have the wrong number,after asking who is calling,whom do they wish to speak to,but have logged time,date etc:

Wescot Credit Services

Sent letter by recorded delivery on the 07/11/2006 asking them to stop ringing me .They continued to do so until I reported them to Trading Standards.Calls stopped then,but not only through T/S getting involved,but they were unable to supply the cca ,and have referred it back to original creditor.T/S and myself ,have logged all time,date etc; from Wescot

Interim Justitia

Kept calling ,even though T/S/ had written to them more than twice ,NOT to contact me as he was dealing with creditors ,account was in dispute,no cca supplied from previous d.c.a.=Wescot,or original creditor (Still waiting for this),Passed from Wescot to Interim Justitia.The calls stopped after T/S/ had to send threatening letter to them.

All calls logged=date,time,etc; ,both by myself and T/S

JB Debt Recovery they telephone when I have sent letter and it has been recieved and signed for. they still threaten to send someone round to my home as i won,t confirm my details to them. I have kept log of call and I taking it further

• 2 weeks later...