Jump to content

Bought a Car With Incorrect Documents


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi please please help.


In december i bought an imported vehicle off a dealer operating from home near hull called Japspeed uk which was registered and MOT's by him.


Recently i recieved a letter off the DVLA saying theres a problem with my documents. It turned out that the car had been registered in the country with the wrong chassis number and I need to re-register and re-mot.


The car failed the mot even though it had a certificate from the dealer 8 weeks ago, I also have to pay all re-registration costs for the car ect.


I've asked the dealer for a refund but he is not prepered to give me one and has no resorted to turning his phone off.


What should i do? How do i go about it? Am i entitled to a refund?


Help TIM

Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi, scousegeezer here. Retired Policeman. Sounds a bit sus to me. Dont want to frighten you, but the first question I would ask - is - how do the DVLA know its been registered with the wrong chassis number. You can do an HPI check on line - it will cost you though. As for getting your money back, that ones a bit tricky - depends on what was wrong with the vehicle and why it failed its MOT. If there are serious problems with the vehicle, chassis collapsing etc, then you can tackle it from the sale of goods act angle- basically the goods have to be fit for purpose. If the chassis is collapsing then its not fit for purpose - or merchantable quality as the law states. Then you can go through the small claims process. Its simple dont worry about it. You can either buy the book off this site or the staff in your local county court will advise you on the prodedures. The thing you have to note about the MOT test is that it only says that the vehicle is roadworthy on the date of the test. So you will have to prove that the fault with the vehicle was serious and would have been apparrent at the time opf testing - therefore a dodgy MOT. Let me know how you get on.


Cheers - Scousegeezer.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...