style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife ordered a washing machine from Currys website for her mother (as she does not have internet access). The washing machine was delivered on December 13th. The plumber was unable to install it until after Christmas and the new year so it was left in her garage, in the original packaging.

When the plumber arrived to fit the machine, he unpacked it and found the macine to be badly damaged.

The machine was unusable.

It was rather strange as the packaging was not damaged at all, so the machine must have been damaged before it was even packed up.

My mother in law has spoken to Currys and they have said they are not prepared to do anything, stating first that it was not withing 7 days of the delivery, then that it was not within 48 hours of the delivery.

Not only where the various customer service people unhelpful, they were also very rude.

When my mother in law said she was going to take legal advice she was told "Well you do that then".

My wife has also called them and had the phone put down on her.

They have sold goods which where damaged and not fit for purpose or a satisfactory quality and are not prepared to do anything about it.

Consumer Sales Act states that 28 days are allowed for return of goods (not the 7 days or 48 hours that Currys state).

Sale of good act states that goods must be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

When the item was signed for there was nothing on the documentation that stated either 7 days or 48 hours for return of damaged goods.

Rather disgraceful that they cannot do the right thing and replace the goods. Also disgraceful that they are so rude to a 76 year old.

Consumer Sales Act states that 28 days are allowed for return of goods
:-? What Consumer Sales Act?

SOGA states that there is a "reasonable" time to reject goods, and in this instance, this is clearly what you are trying to do and within a reasonable time.

Send them a letter clearly stating that you are rejecting the goods as faulty under SOGA 1979, that you expect them to collect the goods and refund or replace within 14 days or you'll initiate court proceedings.

Also lodge a complaint with Consumer Direct, as they need to be made aware.