redstone ??? or Skipton

jake44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:rolleyes: We were with skipton and then all of a sudden they changed to redstone whome I am led to believe are debt collectors ?? We are one month in arrears ( due to the mortgage jumping form £550 to £969 :o ) Its a struggle to keep everything going, but we are getting there . I am awaiting a large sum in bank charges , but don't know how long it will take .

Problem is someone from redstone visited our house the other day . Hubby works ****fs and was in the house.............. He noticed someone taking pictures of his car and went out to question the guy. He explained where he was from and he said it was company policy.??

We have made an arrangement to clear the arrears. We are able to change mortgage suppliers in October this year so hopefully we will get a better rate ( maybe be sub prime again ) ?? Will it revert back to skipton once arrears are paid off ??

Sorry for all the questions ........

:rolleyes: We were with skipton and then all of a sudden they changed to redstone whome I am led to believe are debt collectors ?? We are one month in arrears ( due to the mortgage jumping form £550 to £969 :o ) Its a struggle to keep everything going, but we are getting there . I am awaiting a large sum in bank charges , but don't know how long it will take .

Problem is someone from redstone visited our house the other day . Hubby works ****fs and was in the house.............. He noticed someone taking pictures of his car and went out to question the guy. He explained where he was from and he said it was company policy.??

We have made an arrangement to clear the arrears. We are able to change mortgage suppliers in October this year so hopefully we will get a better rate ( maybe be sub prime again ) ?? Will it revert back to skipton once arrears are paid off ??

Sorry for all the questions ........

hi Jake44,

Firstly one month in arrears is nothing to worry about. I am a mortgage advisor and can assure you that that is not a problem. It can take upto 3-6 months of not paying or talkin gto a mortgage lender before they try to repossess...So let's get that myth out. Do not worry talk to them at every stage and you should have no problems there.

As for taking pictures...Are you sure the person was from the Mortgage Company and not another debt? Reason I say that is there is no way the lender (IMHO) would make you sell your car rather than reposses your home! I have never heard of such a thing ever...

You are either with Skipton or not, if you were moved you would have been told. I strongly suspect that this is a debt collector for something else...Maybe you should call Skipton and see what they say about this. Mortgage debts can be sold (whether in arrears or not), but they must tell you and the rates or terms do not change.

I hope this helps a bit,

Penfold

Just a quick note when you google redstone mortgages you do not get a nice picture...I would seriously call Skipton and ask if they have sold the debt, if so ask for a copy of that letter (if you don't have it) and make sure you keep good records of who you talk to when and what you have paid etc. It seems they are not nice. As I said I am a mortgage broker and have NEVER come across these guys SO....

I would be careful, however, they are FSA regulated which is good for you as the FSA will have to investigate if they cause you distress...

Penfold

Hi

Any paperwork now comes from Redstone Plc . I was told that there are actually called Home Loans ?? The gentleman who was taking pictures was definately from that company as my husband challanged him .

My main concern is getting a fairly good deal when this one finishes ?

Redstone are NOT nice to deal with at all. They wanted to charge us £100 for someone to go through our monthly bills etc. I said no . As from end of month due to getting an extra pay this month ( I get paid 13 times in the year ) The arrears are cleared. They sent a debt collector who was very helpful and couldn't understand why they were still persuing us. He advised that I refusedto have him go through all our details. Which I did. I can't wait to remortgage. But again a bit scary as don't know best deals ................. /

Jake,

Find a local broker who does not charge fees, or at least not too much. Have you made the last 3 months normal payments? Do not worry about the arrears have you made the normal payments? If so you should be ok. It will not be a brilliant deal, but def better than their SVR! I can only imagine what that will be! Also talk to someone a couple of months before the deal ends. This will ensure you are ready to change lender with the minimal amount of time on their higher rate!

Hope that helps, use the FSA's website to find brokers near you...

Financial Services Authority

Penfold

Believe it or not it was a broker who messd things up for us the last time . !! we ended up reporting him to FSA. THIS IS WHY i AM VERY VERY WARY !! We are on 9.5% at the moment :confused: ................. any other deal must be better.

Many thanks for your help. I will keep you posted.:)

I had thought about that as they also deal with people that have had credit problems in the past. I will start looking a couple of months before we change. It is not worthwhile just now as we would be £6000 in fees if we moved just now !!

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am new to this site today. anyway it is very nice to read about Redstone I have never heard of them until a broker got me a mortgage 6 months ago and now I want to pay off my mortgage and I have been adviced by Redstone that I have to pay £10,000 plus as I am in a fixed term of 2 years this is true and is there any way I can not pay this charge which I feel to too much money to give away:|

Hi Holly,

Glad to see you found your own way to the right forum (I saw your earlier post in Barclays forum).

Start your own thread on this forum by going back to the main page and using the New Thread button.

Give a brief history of your prob and peeps will help you as best they can.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 months later...