Bit of advice please

vikki75

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been in this situation with nw before and managed to get the charges back eventually. Once again they are crippling us with charges and we havent had any statements from them for over 6 months despite me going into the branch and telling them.

I sent the letter requesting that they do not take any charges out as the only money going in there is housing benefit, I heard nothing back and yesterday they took out 180 in charges leaving my account 130 overdrawn :(

Is there anything i can do about it?

Vikki

Vikki Have you got internet banking with the Nationwide?

I sent them a message through my internet banking saying that the only money I ahd going through the account was tax credits.

I quoted part of the letter in the "is the bank taking your benefits" thread.

(sorry dont know how to post a link)

They replied within days saying they would look into it and a few days later I got a letter in the post saying they would refund the charges to the account.

Im going to send them another message in a min because I got a statement today and they are going to apply another £73 charges at the end of this month.

..I quoted part of the letter in the "is the bank taking your benefits" thread.

(sorry dont know how to post a link)

Here is the Thread to which U are referring to wobbles...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html

...+ here is a tutorial to help U do stuff on this website!...;-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi, have just sent them an email regarding it, was on the phone yesterday to collections who told me they wouldnt refund the charges, despite recieving the letter they did however offer me an overdraft to push me further into debt!

They still have to look at hardship cases, you would appear to be one. They should take note of the letter though, I suspect collections are targeted for the money recovered and are either unaware or ignoring the law. Only a wild guess I have no proof at all.

I have seen a customer get a refund purely because he said that the charges continued to generate more and he could never get on top of it. Might've just been a kind hearted person that looked at it I don't know.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Hello vikki75!

Read the following Thread (...from #24)...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/107103-help-needed-claim-back-2.html

Although it is about HSBC, the advice given still holds good for Nationwide!

U've seen how Nationwide have treated U in the past

...Why do U think that they will be any different THIS time??...:confused::rolleyes:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)