Is there a section on CAG for personal debt between 2 people?

SpiceBoy!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As title suggests, Im looking for where to post about a personal debt between myself and a friend which has gone a little wrong..

Now before anyone says that 'you should never borrow from friends' I normally would never do such a thing but the circumstances warranted the lend....

So, where shall I post?

Where you have posted is fine, although we need details of the debt in order to offer any assistance.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Fab thanks rory :)

- Warning, long post! -

Around the 3rd quarter of last year I borrowed several hundred pounds from a friend of mine and obviously I had full intentions of paying it back over time (no specific timescale or amounts were agreed) and since I have become un-employed....

I have been vigorously applying for jobs and have had some positive feedback and have been keeping my friend up to date on my situation so as to not let them feel that I am in any way being devious about repayment or that I have changed my intentions...

However, my friend has changed from being understanding to not so understanding and has even attacked my activities by making comments about things I have been doing, which I feel are totally out of order....

Now, Im not looking for any advice to avoid paying my friend back at all, BUT I am looking for advice to stock up my ammunition in case they would wish to take it further (which I wouldn't blame my friend for doing if they so wish as I can understand that they want the money back) but I hope you can understand I wouldn't want to get into a situation like that totally naked of any defense...

I suppose Im not really sure what Im asking as I havent been in this type of situation before and I have no idea what directions it could take?

All I really want is enough time for me to be in a position to start paying my friend back, but they are getting less and less understanding despite my attempts at keeping them in the loop....

And my friend has also started telling quite alot of people about the debt, which is making me feel quite embarrassed and is not something Im happy with at all...

HELP!!!

If U value your friendship, go without yourself, in order to repay them asap...:)

That would be my 1st move, but Im afraid I go without as it is, before I even think about cutting back...

What little I have access to goes towards things that cannot under any circumstances be missed (such as food and court payments) and I dont have enough for that so its pretty hard to cut back when I cant afford the basics in the 1st place...

but I agree, I would gladly give up any/all luxuries to repay them, however I dont enjoy any to begin with....

Have you tried making an offer of weekly repayments, even if token amounts, until you get back on your feet, by which time you would catch up?

I am at the receiving end of someone who owes me a few hundreds too, and has not made the slightest effort to repay me, and I am about to launch court action against her. I know there is a chance I'll never get my money anyway, but at least, I'll have the satisfaction, however mean it may seem, that she'll get a CCJ and her credit rating thrashed.

The sad thing is that if she had offered me to repay me £5 a week, even if it had meant her paying me for years, I wouldn't be taking those steps, but the way she has avoided dealing with it, to me, means that she has just taken advantage of my trust (and my daughter's) in her, and I have had enough of being taken for a mug.

What I am trying to say is that perception counts for a lot, so being seen to make the effort is often just as important. ;-)

Have you tried making an offer of weekly repayments, even if token amounts, until you get back on your feet, by which time you would catch up? ;-)

I had been up till my funds had run almost completely dry after my un-expected job loss... Sorry I didn't mention that in my 1st post....

Bookworm, int in your post as i am in same position and do not know the way forward.

Has been avoiding me for some time but is now working and have agreed to review things end of this month and discuss plan to repay.

Any advice?

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan