Scorterooney V First Credit....help required please **WON**

scorterooney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just phoned the court and they have stated that they have not recieved an application to set aside or have it stayed etc so the matter is now over

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think a mod could change the title to WON :D :D :D

Anyway - more to the point - Whats do i do now ?

The entry on my credit file regardng this is due to drop off at the end of August (end of 6 years) - am i right in thinking that they cannot update it now or add it again after the 6 years ?

Altough i feel i have a victory i still feel a little bit in limbo - I want complete closure on this so i can finally say its the end of teh matter but at the moment it still feels like it could come back at any point - Im not overly bothered about claiming my costs back via the court so What are my options ?

any advice would be greatly recieved

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right , ok

time to sit down and think about costs:D

the order tells you that they are liable for your costs so , lets look at how many letters you sent, postage costs , stationary and your time preparing the defence etc.. i think 25-30 hours researching and preparing the defence is a reasonable figure

the LiP hourly rate is £9.25 per hour and you should write to the claimant setting out your costs and asking for reimbursement pursuant to the judges order

i would ask for your costs after all you are entitled to them by court order

Just on a side note PT....surely if you were (for example) a high level contractor earning £60 per hour can you not claim this instead of £9.25 per hour...? surely if solicitors can claim £150 per hour....

Well, IMHO if you could support such a claim as being actual losses then i guess you could , but you would need to provide proof that you incurred these losses

how many Caggers take time off work to do this stuff? arguably not many do, instead they do it in their spare time, in this case i think its not really reasonable to go for anything above the LiP rate

thats of course my opinion

Please be very cautious with your costs. Otherwise the judge will throw them out. Don't even attempt to reclaim your hourly rate from the day job. I would follow Pt's advice and claim just that otherwise your will fall foul of the court.

Court's will agree to fair costs but if they think it's too high they will assume you are trying to make money out of them and will knock you right down. Keep it fair and be able to justify and you will get what you ask for.

• 5 months later...