UKPC parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fun, isn't it!

It is highly satisfying opening yet another letter knowing they are wasting their time, paper, envelopes and postage.

Not many companies go out of their way like that to provide you with such free pleasure.

Sadly it will soon be coming to an end - and you will then feel ignored. Unwanted. Unloved.

Then you will need help - but CAG does not offer Psychiatric Counseling :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving it!

I did toy with the idea of sending them an invoice for taking up space in our filing system - after all, I didn't ask them to end up there, they chose to send me letters despite the notice tucked away in the filing room which says that anybody taking up space in our filing cabinet without an official permit may be charged £60 for the privilege! After all, as the poor, confused, Tony216 says, if you do the crime, you should do the time, regardless of whether it's legal or not...

Gary

Don't confuse the Tonys !

My 'P' is not for 'Plant', or 'PPC (UKPC) Stooge'.

I have no idea what 216 represents or what happened to him (or the 215 before him).

Certainly not an IQ unless he forgot the point - decimal that is!

If you look on their web site at some of the ccj's they say they have issued, then Google them you will find that Zenith Recovery also have the very same list! and i love all of the "if we successfully" "we May" "it Could" etc totally false, clowns!

well it gave me a chuckle or two!

And Zenith also hide behind a PO Box in Ashton under Lying, sorry, Lyne.

What on earth will these **** do if the Government ever decide to go after them? Become MPs I suppose and just carry on as before! At least if you're an MP and caught with your hand in the till, you just say sorry, blame your staff, and crack on!

All good sport!

HI All,

Just a quickie to say that I have received my "final" letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (Parking Charge Notice [sic] outside Wickes in Aylesbury late on a Friday afternoon with hundreds of free car parking spaces and in dire need of a wee! Took a whole ten mins for the "Parking Attendant" to slap a ticket on me).

I did laugh at the second piece of A4 paper that had been neatly folded inside this last envelope.

It is an "Information Sheet" from the Office Of Fair Trading with lots of advice for dealing with arrears. I laughed particulalry hard at the third bullet point:

"

Pay priority debts first - for example, mortgage, rent, council tax, or gas or electricity arrears. A debt adviser can help you budget......

"

I didn't see anything about prioritising "speculative invoices" from parking companies.

If anybody isinterested, the document reference of the OFT sheet is OFT965. I haven't checked to see if it is genuine.

Oh, and they have offered to reduce my "payment" to £120 (from £150)..

Thank you to everybody around the Net who have kept my mind at ease as I received each of these letters.

I should say that I intend to pester my MP about this as soon as I am certain DRP Ltd have given up. The fact that these parasites are allowed to operate in this manner is just short of mob like - the only thing missing are the heavies with the baseball bats!

What particulalry erks me is the fact that I was slapped with a ticket within ten minutes of arrival rather than being "fined" for overstaying my welcome. If we are meant to put a ticket in the car for the two hour free parking time, there should be a barrier at point of entry issuing tickets.

The whole system is designed to catch you out not protect traffic flow.

Now waiting for telephone calls!

Nubink

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - we've just had the same letter and OFT sheet! Their client is prepared to accept £120 instead, as long as we pay within 7 days. How very noble of them. As a gesture in response, I'll reduce my invoice to them for storage space in the filing cabinet to £50, as long as it's paid within the next 30 minutes.

I'm going to miss this when it comes to an end. Anybody know how many more letters I'm scheduled to get?

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, just read it properly. It says that the debt has been transferred to Zenith Recovery at a reduced rate, then at the bottom of the letter says that Zenith Collections is a trading name of Debt Recovery Plus! So they've transferred the debt to themselves at a reduced rate - hope they don't lose too much money in the process!

If you look at the supposed signature at the bottom of the letter you will see a marked resemblance to the one on the DRC tome, even though it's supposed to be from a different person.