UKPC parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Guys

But there seems to be a misunderstanding. I don’t work for UKPC or any other parking company. All I am saying is this. There are signs of warning were ever you go. If you take no notice of a warning sign then you must take the consequences. I myself have had a parking charge in the past and I have held my hands up and paid because it was my fault.

So you reckon you don't work for UKPC so how do you explain this from your first post ? :-

When a ticket is issued on behalf of UK Parking Control we ensure that photographic/CCTV evidence is taken thereby showing the vehicle parked in clear view of a sign and therefore by the actions of parking you are deemed to have accepted all conditions on display.

Who exactly is "we"?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Guys

But there seems to be a misunderstanding. I don’t work for UKPC or any other parking company. All I am saying is this. There are signs of warning were ever you go. If you take no notice of a warning sign then you must take the consequences. I myself have had a parking charge in the past and I have held my hands up and paid because it was my fault.

You should bone up on civil law then, and save yourself some money. Then you'd realise that signs can say what they want, but can only be enforced if what they say stays within the confines of what is permissible under civil contract law.

UK Parking Control are one of the few companies that rigoursly pursue unpaid parking charges via the courts.
Got any success stories? 'tinterweb is full of tales about your company.

If a person receives a ticket and they believe it to be incorrect a reasonable person would state the reasons why at the first possible opportunity ...
It's not a ticket, it's a speculative invoice.

As far as I know the only way UK Parking Control could take a case to court would be with a civil action for damages where they would have to prove some kind of loss from somebody parking their vehicle. (couple of quid for lost parking pay and display?)

I have been given a parking charge from UKPC and the photographic proof shows my car has no permit. But also just my registration, I was not parked in a permit zone and have sent photographs of my car after the ticket was issued showing that there was no sign where my car was parked. I have not however received a reply from UKPC about the photographs I sent but a letter from a debt recovery agency now. Original fine £90 but debt recovery £150 and I was not in the wrong. What do I do now?

dx100uk, don't remove posts. make this a sticky.

some of the legalise may of come from here,

http://www.nationwideparkingenforcement.co.uk/law.html

but I'm sure every private parking enforcement company has this stuff somewhere on their website.

say something enough times and people will believe it, that's why sites like CAG are needed to show people the truth.

I have been given a parking charge from UKPC and the photographic proof shows my car has no permit.

But also just my registration,

I was not parked in a permit zone and have sent photographs of my car after the ticket was issued showing that there was no sign where my car was parked.

I have not however received a reply from UKPC about the photographs I sent

but a letter from a debt recovery agency now.

Original fine £90 but debt recovery £150 and I was not in the wrong.

What do I do now?

laugh at them and yourself for being stupid enough to even bothering to reply

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm not sure if it's local authority regulated. I know the residents have lettered spaces and permits to park which it clearly states but their are blank spaces left for visitors but no signs. I got the fine in December last year, I still park in the same spot on a weekly basis and have not received any more fines ( touch wood)

So thanks for the advice it's put my mind at rest and I'm going to ignore all the letters from now on, xxx😄

Just a thought, where my ex father in law lives they have permit controlled parking.

spaces reserved for residents and other spaces for visitors who have to display a visitors permit. This used to be a nightmare when all the family got together, asking the neighbors to borrow their permits.

(This was council land even if they used a private company to run it.

daft setup, 1 permit per flat + 1 visitor permit. grandma & grandad with 7 children and 15 grandchildren. If we all turned up at once it would have cost a fortune in "parking charges")

Sorry Guys

Yeah?

Explain this post of less than an hour and a half earlier -

When a ticket is issued on behalf of UK Parking Control we ensure that photographic/CCTV evidence is taken

UK Parking Control are one of the few companies that rigoursly pursue unpaid parking charges via the courts.

We give the defendant every opportunity to appeal or pay the parking charge notice before commencing court action.

The statement that parking companies never win cases is a total myth and we produce a small sample of cases taken to court by UK Parking Control

One of these posts must be telling porkies.

Would it be disingenuous of me to suggest you are as dishonest as your masters ?

Well spotted TonyP. In order for any PPC business case to work, there inevitably needs to be an element of deception involved. Always has been, always will be.

Such as UKCP saying on their website that the CPS v Stephen James Thomas case "sets a precedent" . Of course, being a small-claims case, it's no such thing. If they want to play at that game then why don't they quote all the cases where PPC's have lost, or even the recent one where Parking Eye won but were only awarded £15 ( the price of 2 P&D tickets) instead of the hundreds of pounds in "damages" they had claimed.

there is no free parking. stop moaning on here if you get a parking ticket. you have done wrong so pay the charge. I had a parking charge last year. I done wrong so I paid it. end of matter. lets face it folks. we all like to park for free and we all try to dodge the wardens. If you get cought why moans on a website.

Nobody on here condones not paying to park. What they object to is the stupid charges demanded by private companies for breaking their silly rules.

And there is plenty of "free parking", just look at the majority of supermarket car-parks where you don't have to pay. Legitimate customers of these car-parks then get stung for stupid charges for the heinous "crimes" of overstaying a few minutes or having a wheel touch a line, even though they may have spent a lot of money in that supermarket.

there is no free parking. - yes there is the signs say so.

stop moaning on here if you get a parking ticket. - its not a parking thicket, its a speculative invoice.

you have done wrong so pay the charge. - done nothing wrong , it's a free car park.

I had a parking charge last year. - yea we believe you.

I done wrong so I paid it. - no your didn't, stop spoofing people

end of matter. - mug

lets face it folks. we all like to park for free and we all try to dodge the wardens. - they are not wardens, wardens take exams and are trained.

If you get cought why moans on a website. - i coughed when i saw that too, but didn't get caught.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Crem. I disagree.

His posts are highly useful.

They show the exact level of dishonest practices they stoop to. And that in turn just showspotential doubters what a lot of liars they are - and not very bright about it.

Compare the 2 posts I quoted in Post 37. Clearly lies with dishonest intentions in at least one of them!

But even more dishonest his Post No 15 has been completely rewritten. But sadly the poor sop failed to realise was that he could not alter my extract from it - nor that dx100uk had quoted his entire Post 15 in dx's post No 22.

Compounding his complete lack of honesty.

About as bright as a Toc H lamp. (I know - it should be dim!)

A £60 parking charge is a very minor issue and when cases are presented to a court

the claimant has to prove the case on the balance of probabilities (ie 51%)

- A court could see defendants being obstructive as having something to hide ..

If a person receives a ticket and they believe it to be incorrect a reasonable person would state the reasons why at the first possible opportunity ...

If a case progresses to court after an appeal has been heard and rejected then the court will decide

but the court will see all parties have attempted to resolve issues fairly and amicably and resorted to legal action as a last resort.

(Under Civil Procedure Rules parties are specifically instructed to only use the court system as a last resort).

This is bad advice.

The operator of a private car park is only entitled to sue the driver, and there is no duty upon the Registered Keeper to assist in that.

Those powers and duties apply only to statutory penalty charges issued by police & council officers.

The car park can only sue for damages which reasonably reflect their actual losses (eg the lost income from the space being unavailable for rental to another customer).

For a few hours parking anywhere outside London, that will be £10 at most. £60 is a wildly-inflated claim, and they know that the courts would be very unlikely to uphold it.

So they rarely take court action, and such threats can be ignored.

There is no duty upon the rk to negotiate or communicate with the parking operator, and I would advise against wasting time on their sham "appeal" process.

If an RK or driver feels anxious about the demands, then it is sufficient to send them £10 in compensation for lost parking revenue.

This entirely discharges your moral duty as a good citizen, and completely removes the basis for any legal proceedings.

Tony216's comment that

"the court could draw the conclusion that a person has something to hide" is nonsense.

A civil court deals with contractual liability, not with speculation about a person's character.

To the extent that the Judge takes an opinion of the conduct of the parties, the bullying, greedy and dishonest behaviour of the claimants would be a more obvious target.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Must admit I'm starting to worry a bit now!

I've had 3 letters from UKPC about too long a stay at McDonalds, have just received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd who work for UKPC.

They 've been instructed to recover the money, pay within 7 days, mentions of quotes re courts not looking favourably on people who withold info, will pass to solicitor to commence proceedings etc!

Do I 100% ignore or is there chance I could actually be persued and fined???

Thanks

Hi Guys

Must admit I'm starting to worry a bit now!

I've had 3 letters from UKPC about too long a stay at McDonalds, have just received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd who work for UKPC.

They 've been instructed to recover the money, pay within 7 days, mentions of quotes re courts not looking favourably on people who withold info, will pass to solicitor to commence proceedings etc!

Do I 100% ignore or is there chance I could actually be persued and fined???

Thanks

Stop taking these clowns too seriously. They are not the council or the police and they cannot "fine" you. Those letters are just part of their attempt to scare you into paying up. If you hold firm and don't react to these stupid threats, then they will soon go away.

So they take a sheet of paper out of a different box and you are concerned.

Looks like they might have a strong bite before too long!

Personally I would only start taking them seriously when I got Court papers with an actual Court Stamp on them.

It is not unknown for crooks to send out unstamped Court papers in a further attempt to up the pressure.

If they had the right to your money surely they would not have been p155ing about with you this long but would have issued proceedings far earlier.

They havn't because the know they will fail, gain bad publicity that will encourage others not to take them seriously and open themselves to criticism from the Court and a costs claim from you.

Keep coming back here when wavering.

• 1 month later...

I've been following this thread, and others with interest.

With a partner, I run a small electrical maintenance company. One of our clients is a Housing Association in Cambridge. One of our guys was working on one of their sites a few months ago, and got a ticket for not showing a valid permit. The only thing is, all of our vans have permits for that site in their windscreens, and the only photo they supplied showed the van from the rear, neatly avoiding the screen area!

After reading up on here, I've been waiting the post with interest - so far they've followed true to form - letters from UKPC, followed by letters from Debt Recovery Plus. The latest one today is the Notice of Intended Litigation, telling me how they may issue County Courty Proceedings, etc. They also say that I can view CCJ's (sic) which they have obtained at their website - http://www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk - I had a look, and they list a few CCJs - can I look these up to see how bogus they are?

I've got no intention of paying them anything at all - just wanted to see how much bull they can cobble together!

Thanks

Gary