Help with claiming!

grey2fox

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all I would like to say hello to everyone and hope everyone had a merry christmas and a good ol' happy new year.

I'm new here and up until today I did not know that you could claim back all the ridicolous fees from banks (in my case Nationwide). Well I don't know if I'm posting on the right forum as I'm still new :) sorry if i'm in the wrong place.

I just need someone to hear my problem. Over the past 2-3 years nationwide has been handing me out £30 fines for not paying a direct debit from AOL even though I clear them the next day I see that there's a -£ may that be less than £10. What i want to know is if could claim all the fees they have taken from me. I'm a college student and AOL is the only direct debit i got and i pay it with my EMA!.

I know the fines are my fault because their wasn't any funds in the account but I always manage to clear it in the first couple of days. At the moment I already got a £30 fine for not paying £9.99 to AOL and now my account sits at -£8.00 (already took the £21 quid i had in their for bus fare, now i got nothing). Please Please help me out, so far i've lost over hundreds of quids of fine over the past years and I live on EMA. if i could claim back the fees then can i get a link on the process of how to start as this is my first time and i don't know how these procedures work. Thank you all in advance and it's good that a forum like this exists. cheers

PS: Do you think they will hand me another fine for not paying a fine? if they do i'm done for.

First of all I would get AOL to change your date of payment to coincide with your EMA payment. I would also write to Nationwide asking them to refund all the charges as you are only a student and this seems harsh. I would try explaining that because of these charges they have put you in financial difficulties especially taking your travel costs. See how a nice letter goes first, my granddaughter did this with HBSC and they refunded £50.00 to her.

Good luck.

Hi grey2fox and these charges you have had can be claimed back.

First you need to read the FAQ's and learn to navigate the site, spending a few hours over a few days will help you loads and when you feel confident to start this process just shout back in on your thread.

To get the ball rolling you need to send them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which will get you all your statements therefore allowing you to calculate the amount you are to claim back.

Send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and whilst waiting read read and read.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/