Drakes -Magistrates fine-installments?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all , can anyone offer me any advice?

I AM A SINGLE PARENT ON INCOME SUPPORT.

I had a court costs fine of £65 back in may 07, the fines office said they would take a £5 weekly payment direct from my income support, - this never occured, and like a lemon, i never contacted the fines office:oops:

I have now received a letter from Drakes, and now owe £115 after they have added bailiff fees of £50!

I except its my own fault for not contacting the fines office to find out why direct benefit payments have not commenced,

but was wondering if anyone knew if i could pay Drakes in installments?

I could probably afford to do it in 3 weekly payments, but would this occure more fees from Drakes?

Any advice would be greatfully received, thanks in advance.

Phone Drakes immediately and offer to either pay the full amount in a few weeks or ask them if you can split the payments over 3 weeks. This will effectively put the case on hold. If they agree (and the warrant hasn't been issued to a bailiff yet) stick to the arrangement like GLUE. If you fail to stick to the arrangement it will be assigned to a bailiff who will attend your premesis adding another £175 to the outstanding amount. If this happens the bailiff is unlikely to accept any part payment and will demand the full balance.

Certificated Bailiff

Hi JOHN - many thanks for the reply and advice, i just rang them and they said i have untill the END of the month to pay the balance off in full.

On the letter the phone number is given as 0870 7879555 - after reading advice on here NEVER to ring an 0870 number, i found an alteritve number for Drakes - 01992 703700, it should be alot cheaper per minute than the 0870 number!

Thanks again for your help