No Water!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right ill give a timeline as thats probably the best way to describe whats happened

sat 5/1/08 am wake up and shower/use loo/wash etc as normal no issues with water

sat 5/1/08 6pm get home from work girlfriend goes to get a cup of tea and notices water pressure low (didnt tell me as she didnt think anything of it)

sat 5/1/08 7pm go to cook tea and wash up previous nights washing, then notice there is no water, ring up yorkshire water who arrange for a engineer to call me back

5/1/08 7.30pm engineer rings back, states that there has been a link on a neighbouring property (I live in a back to back terrace, the neighbouring property is 2 doors away on the back of mine) and that it must be my supply, since not on the mains not their issue/responsibility

5/1/08 7.40pm give up and goto the girlfriends parents for the weekend and leave for my landlord to look into (there could have been a slight chance there was a issue were the water enters the property at the basement for which I dont have access to)

7/1/08 6pm get back from work expecting water to be fixed, turns out it hasnt, me and landlord speak to the property with a leak who tell us their landlord called out a plumber who cut off the water supply to our house (turns out the water pipe which had the leak goes to 3 properties 2 of which are my landlords and he has made into one big property the other is currently vacent) - my landlord gets their landlord and have a semi heated conservation on the phone, my landlord then contacts yorkshrie water again.

7/1/08 8pm yorkshire water ring me back and tell me there is nothing they can do now as its dark and can look into it in the morning, they offer me to deliver soem drinking water (Which is no use as ive just got 10 liters from the local corner shop)

anyway the aim of this thread - whos responsible for the leaky pipe on the neighbouring property - my landlord, their landlord or yorkshire water, seeing as it feeds multiple households

why was i lied to on saturday about nowt yorkshirewater can do when today on the phone there is something they can do, why wasnt i offered drinking water on saturday

who can i complain about this to? does the burden of responsibility lie on yorkshire water or my landlord or their landlord? at the end of the day ive had to fork out for taxis to and from girlfriends, 10 liters of water, take away meal on saturday while waiting for yorkshirewater to call back, and most likley takeaway meal today as i have no clean plates etc - why was i told confilcting stories from different yorkshire water people

from a very dry mr elmo - thanks!