Natwest PPI

chno9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I previously sent a SAR to Natwest for a loan i had with them. They in reply sent a statement of all payments that i had made. I again wrote to them explaining that this had not complied with the original SAR that had specifically asked for ALL documentation they held including agreement etc. This final letter was sent on 7/11/07, and i still have not received any reply from them.

What should my next course of action be?

Thanks

Can I just say that bumping a post after 5 hours is a bit unreasonable - I personally tend to look through for unanswered posts on the PPI forum at least once a day, and would not have got to your post any earlier.

Regarding your question - You do need to be pushing them to comply, and sticking to your timetable. In the main forum Bank Template Library, there is some information on what to do when the bank does not comply with your DSAR.

At the end of the day you have two choices - you can complain to the Information Commissioner, or issue a court claim for an order to force them to comply.

Hello

I previously sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to NatWest for a loan i had with them. They in reply sent a statement of all payments that i had made. I again wrote to them explaining that this had not complied with the original SAR that had specifically asked for ALL documentation they held including agreement etc. This final letter was sent on 7/11/07, and i still have not received any reply from them.

What should my next course of action be?

Thanks

Hello chno9,

The Natwest are the most frustrating company to get any information out of in my experience.

You must push them hard.

You can send them a Non-compliance of the DPA. the letter is in the bank letter template sticky, report them to the information commissioner office, and if they do not comply, then issue a N1 at your local court to get the information.

Now as regarding your credit agreement, another way to get it (Bet you 50p they don't have it) is to sent them a legal request under 77/78 of the CCA. It costs £1, use a postal order and they then have time limits of 12working days and then a further 30day + postage to come up with it.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

You need letter N.

Get these letters sent, recorded delivery and sit back and wait;) to see what they come up with.

Good luck and keep us posted

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks for the advice.

I will send them a non-compliance with the original SAR, and will also send a CCA request.

My reason for requesting this information is so i can see how much they added on to the loan in PPI. The loan which i have recently finished paying was outrageous. Whilst i was a student i ran into some financial difficulties and they closed my account and told me to pay my overdraft back immediately. Being a bit wet behind the ears at the time i agreed to whatever they told me i should do.

I ended up paying approx 5k back over 5years for a debt of around 2.5k.

Needless to say now i have my head screwed on the right way round i am going after every single penny i can get back from them. I have already received a refund + interest for all charges they made against me, and am pursuing this PPI.

What would happen if they can not locate this information, if as you say it will be unlikely they still have this?

thanks

It would be very difficult for them to argue that they have not got the transactional records as they have a legal duty to keep such information - indeed they would in breach of company law and their CCL if they have not got such information. That should therefore give you enough information to discover the details of the PPI.

If they haven't got a copy of the original agreement then that is another matter which will only go to support your claim.

In the extremely unlikely event that they have no information, you should contact the FOS and the ICO - but I cannot see any circumstances where they would not hold such information.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just an update on this one.

I had sent them a non-compliance letter on the 11/01/08, they in turn responded sending out the same information as they had previously (a statement of payments made). The letter i had sent them specifically listed what items were missing from my original SAR. They have ignored this now on three seperate occasions.

I am looking now to take this to the next level, as they are repeatedly ignoring my requests. What should be my first port of call. I presume i would need to complain to the information commissioner. If this is the way to go how do you go about this??

Appreciate any advice.