BT/THUS Compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are about 20 businesses in the building I have my business. Since Boxing Day all the telephone lines have been down - no incoming calls, no outgoing, no faxes etc.

I run a sales business so the effect has been catistrophic. I have come in theis morning and the problem persists. Our telephone system is with THUS - obviously they lease the line from BT.

Does anyone know whether we will be compensated for loss of business and if so what the best procedure will be i.e should we all put in a claim together or should each individual business within this building claim separately?

We then went after BT for compensation - according to their website they will pay up to 25K compensation for business losses caused by their incompetence.

I cant help but the author of this thread might?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/125728-help-lba-bt.html

:!:

Cheers

Unfortunately. I do not seem to be able to PM this person.

I guess this is one of those situations were BT will no doubt win. I have lost an immeasurable amount of business yet it looks as if I can claim nothing.:Cry:

Mate if its not your fault, chase em! dont give up!!!!!

Loss of BT Phone Service - Compensation - Ecademy

BT - Review - Get compensation. Hard with BT.

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | BT reveals phones meltdown cause

BT Compensation in The AnswerBank: Business & Finance: Business

Total up a rough estimate of what you lost and send them a letter, you have nothing to loose.

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/btbusiness/downloads/OurConsumerService.pdf?com.bea.event.type=linkclick&oLName=link.searchresults&oLDesc=KB_243

Keeping You Connected

Failure to supply your service/repair your service on time

If we are late installing or repairing your service, we will immediately divert* all of your

incoming calls to an alternative fixed or mobile number, free of charge. The number chosen

must be a UK number, but there are some number ranges to which BT will not divert the

Customer's Calls (for example, 0800 and 0870 numbers). We will also pay for the BT cost

normally incurred for diverting incoming calls. You can retain the diversion service until we

install/repair your service.

As well as this, if your incoming calls are diverted to a mobile, we will automatically credit a

call allowance to your next bill, to contribute towards the cost of calls you make from your

mobile.

The call allowance is calculated on a daily basis.

:!: