Can ex-landlady claim for work which was never done?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and thank you to the people who have replied to my previous threads.

My ex-landlady is suing me in the County Court for alleged 'damages' to the house I rented for 3 and a half years. I left the house 16 months ago.

She is claiming £100 to remove a small area of paint my 6 year old son daubed on the tatty garden shed. I admitted he had done it and was prepared to pay a reasonable amount to have the paint removed (NOT £100!)

However, I have recently discovered that the paint has not been removed. There have been two tenants in the house since I left, so re-letting as a result of this paint obviously wasn't a problem. I have taken a photo of the shed in its present state from my former next-door neighbour's garden and can compare it with one I took when I lived in the house.

Can my ex-landlady claim any money at all for this?

Thanks for any comments!

Your ex-Landlady is subject to the SAME SoLA as anyone is...i.e. 6yrs.

However, the onus would be on her to 'prove' that the damage was caused by U/your son + its cost to put right.

If U have NOT admitted anything in writing, nor said anything to that effect in front of credible witnesses, call her bluff.

The fact that she has had TWO tenants AFTER U have left, would make her case appear initially weak.

The only possible cause for concern would be, if they have signed a pre-tenancy agreement where any previous 'damage' has been recorded.

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

as far as i'm aware everything on this site is british law

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

I saw SEATTLE but can see the poster's location is Beds. That's why I asked. Silly me!
'Tis just an added bit of p*ss take of myself......'SLEEPLESS in Seattle' cos of the late nights on here!...;)

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)