what, when and why

carpman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry if i seem a little out of touch here, but in your opinions, why have the banks agreed to a test case? when is the test case due to start? how long is it likely before theres an outcome? if the banks lose what happens then? thanks.

Hi, Carpman.

The test case has been set to start on the 14 January, 2008, and is expected to last for 8 days. The date that the judgment is published is a matter for the Court.

It is quite normal for there to be a gap of a number of weeks in between the conclusion of a case and the publication of the judgment. Barclays and the other banks and one building society involved in the test case have agreed with the OFT and the FSA to conduct the test case in an efficient, prompt and orderly way.

This case is to decide whether the UTCCR 1999 apply to personal bank accounts. If they decide that they do, then there will be another case to decide whether the charges are fair or not. If they decide that they do not, then it's business as usual for bank claims but with the UTCCR taken out of our claims (as we already do for business accounts)''

I hope that after the 'test case' the stayed claims will be un-stayed(is that a word?) and you will just carry on with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thanks Maroon, heard rumours saying it would take years and others saying it would take a few months and it was just delaying tactics by the banks. so with a bit of luck we won't have to wait for a judgement on whether they're fair or not to start the ball rolling again, was going to say if, but i'll say when the banks are found to be unfairly charging us, will they automatically have to pay back all the money they've taken?

when the banks are found to be unfairly charging us, will they automatically have to pay back all the money they've taken?

You'd think that's what they would have to do, but very much doubt it. Everyone will still have to ask for it back.IMHO.

I've also heard the rumors about how long it will all take with appeals ect. It's like asking "how longs a piece of string".

Hopefully it go's our way and we all get back what's rightfully our's.

Regards.

Scott.

cheers Scott, don't get me wrong, i could do with that money, but the bit that drives me mad is if it were the other way round, there wouldn't be any waiting about, the banks would hammer you. so why should they get away with whatever they want. hope the banks get hung out to dry.

When will the test case take place?

There is a trial window between January 14 and February 28 2008 within which the trial will take place. We expect it to last between eight and fifteen days.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks, SSL.

I was quoting from Barclays website.:-) .

Regards.

Scott.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .