Natwest have hit rockbottom

anjipl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Natwest have really hit below the belt now! On an account where we successfully reclaimed all charges, we wanted to close the account down but not allowed as a loan was assigned to it. Natwest wouldn't let us pay the account in any other way but from that account even though there was no money in it! Hence more bank charges which soon added up to over £1000. We rang the legal dept who wrote off all the bank charges but mysteriously £100 was left. We agreed to pay this amount and asked the account was closed down. This was confirmed by Natwest over the telephone. 12 months down the line we get a phone call from a collection agency claiming we owe natwest over £1000. These people have been hounding us and were very rude down the phone. Trying to get hold of Natwest to sort this out has proved difficult. Surely they aren't allowed to do this?? We didn't get it in writing that account was closed down and no remaining debt, only over the telephone. Now they are threatening to take us to Court. I hate this bank!

Guest vortex

Then that is called BANK ERROR and the bank will have to refund charges and shut the account down. I assume you did take a note of the person you spoke. Did they not send any statements to you in the intermitting period? Was your address the same last year as it is now? I assume the loan is now finished or was last year?

Unfortunately we didn't make a note of the person's name. Neither of them. No further statements were received, that is why it was such a surprise when we got the call from the collection agency. We haven't moved house and the loan was paid off when we received the refund of charges. The legal dept said they had written off the bank charges and when we went into the bank to pay the £100, the rep confirmed that no monies were owed and the account would be closed down. If we had received statements it might have been a clue that something had gone wrong but nothing for a year until we get this call. What do you think?

Guest vortex

if it was with Collections then there should be clear notes on the account as to what was agreed last year. It is worth asking for further information as to what was written on your account. It may also be worth preparing a letter to customer relations unit with regards to it explaining that bank charges were refunded last year and you were advised by someone in the bank not to pay the £100 which you were willing to pay to close the account. It appears to be BANK ERROR and therefore they will have to write off the charges and close the account with confirmation in writing(this last bit IS important).

Guest vortex

Steve, post 2 gives the answer

"The legal dept said they had written off the bank charges and when we went into the bank to pay the £100, the rep confirmed that no monies were owed and the account would be closed down."

So no letter has been sent and no cheque sent. This is bank error and NatWest have to refund all charges and close the account as they should have 1 year ago. Simple case really. NatWest Customer Relations, Final Response and then to the Ombudsman they go if not resolved.

hi anjipl natwest just did exactly the same as you they have closed all my bank account without proper notice, add a lots and i mean a lot of charges they have withdraw themselves i am not even reapy something which i have never spent nor withdraw myself ... tell us how you get on with them, they are soo nasty !