Woodys Boxing Day Present (day late)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As promised in the Non Smoking Section of the Forum here's a piccie of my boxer pups born at Christmas - can't quite get used to seeing the tails LOL but they do look cute with them. They are wagging them now so god only knows what they gonna be like when they get up and going - I know my adults docked tails wag fast so have been out and bought shin pads in preparation LOL.

Pups 8 days old.jpg

aww they are gorgeous

I know what you mean about the tails looks odd at first.

Our local vet held a fundraising day and there was a boxer there with a tail,but you get used to it,I couldn't take my girl(StBernard) with me as she was in season:o

I can't remember what it was now either a rotwiller or a doberman I saw during the summer with a tail. It looked very strange I had to ask the owner what type of dog it was.:o

Aww ty peeps - they are doing really well - eyes are opening slowly but surely - then the fun begins - gets me screwdriver at the ready to make the pen higher!

Do you breed your St. Bernard Mrs? I saw a pup in our vet - it was 14 weeks old and they were trying to get it to stand on the scales LOL it was sooooo big - I have enough job with my boxers on it so it was hilarious - this poor lad trying to get it to stand still.

Am I right in thinking that it's illegal to dock tails now?

My mutt wags his tail so hard he keeps breaking the end off it and sprays blood everywhere. It looks like Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the kitchen when he gets excited (he also looks a complete ****head when I take him out with a big comedy bandage on the end of his tail)

Hi RP

What breed have you got?

Yes you are correct - it is now illegal to dock their tails - was passed in March 2007 so we will see how it goes - I know what you mean about injury - I had a long conversation with my vet about this a couple of years ago and he said that it is very difficult when they are older and injure the tail to stop it bleading rather than having them docked when they are a day or so old. There are some exceptions if you can prove that the pups will be kept as working dogs then they can be docked I think but otherwise not. Must say am getting used to the tails now they do look cute but it is weird after 20 years of boxers with no tails to suddenly have them.

We will probably keep one of these so will have to clear all the low down breakables out of the way if my other two's stump wagging is anything to go by lol.

WT

Hi Woodentop,

Yes I remember trying to get her on the scales:o we went on a monthly basis just to make sure she was putting on enough weight.We do not intend to breed her as they can have a huge amount of puppies,also I wouldn't be able to part with any of them,we would be drowning in drool.:lol:

the pups ar so cutie.

I just remember the film about the St Bernards and them having pups. When they all ran down the stairs it was hold on to the valuables/pics.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I just remember the film about the St Bernards and them having pups. When they all ran down the stairs it was hold on to the valuables/pics.

Yes I have all the movies,my one knocked me off my feet and believe me I am not small (note to self should really join the Fatcrushers) and she wasn't fully grown,she used to like pulling me across the floor by the bottom of my trousers as well,since she has grown up a bit she no longer does that,thank goodness.But we do get a lot of fun with her.:)

Hi Mrs

Let alone sleeping in the shed!! LOL - Great film. We have so much fun with these two, one of them wants to play all the time and the one that has had the pups is more sedate - hubby says its like lady and the tramp with these two - they play so well together but the sedate one walks over to me when she's had enough of playing as if to say "Mum I've had enough tell her to stop" LOL.

Thats the big debate here at the mo -do we keep one - We have two already - they are twins - identical - its a good job these pups have still got their tails - I have 4 who are near enough identical can only tell them apart by the white bit on end of the tail.

Aww RP when we got our first boxer it was a choice between a Dalmation or Boxer and as I had grown up with a Boxer X I won LOL, Dalmations are lovely dogs tho.

WT x

I cant remember the name of the film tho.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.