NEXT catalogue debt = their fault?!!

jlhmside
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Well I have an account with NEXT its been kept reasonably up to date but because of my credit score etc they lowered my spend limit from 300 to 100 bare in mind i was 280 ish on my acc - they are now threatening all sorts and demanding money which i dont have - but its their fault i am now in arrears as they have lowered the limit.

can some one give me an idea of where to go next.........

thanks

Jlhmside:mad:

jlhmside

Halifax Bank Acc - WON 8/3/2007

Halifax CC

Halifax CC2

Capital One - LBA sent 18th April

Barclaycard - request for repayment sent 25th April

Abbey Bank Acc - Waiting on statements

MBNA CC

Egg

:eek:

The nice way (for next anyway) would be to write to them with a break down of what you have coming in and going out with an offer of what you can afford to pay. They should accept it and if not they'll pass it to debt collectors who should accept it

The less nice way (for next anyway) is to CCA them . If they can't produce a CCA there is no debt

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

I would just pay off my regular monthly amount until you got down to the £100 limit. Also, for what its worth I wouldnt use them again, £100 credit limit is a joke, not worth having.

Just~Me

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

thanks for the replies guys, it just annoyed me that they are now chasing me for a debt that they created not me if you get me?

will start drafting a letter to them shortly.

jlhmside

Halifax CC

Halifax CC2

MBNA CC

Egg

thanks for the replies guys, it just annoyed me that they are now chasing me for a debt that they created not me if you get me?

will start drafting a letter to them shortly.

Is this legal? It seems very strange that you could have borrowed money according to the credit limit you had before and now suddenly you're "over your limit". You might want to ask about this in more detail. Your local citizens' advice bureau might be able to advise. You might want to ask on Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more. Some lawyers give a short amount of free advice as the first interview. What about the national debtline? National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

Annoying Twit.

Those were some good links you provided, you now have me hooked on a few subjects. :):)

Thanks for the info.

Just~Me

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

iv sent the letter today will let you know wat comes of it

jlhmside

Halifax CC

Halifax CC2

MBNA CC

Egg

IMO they can vary the credit limit, but not retrospectively. So the new limit will apply to new purchases, but the existing purchases were within the relevant limit at the time, so you should just pay it off as normal.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.