Seriously considering bankruptcy route now

basmic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bankruptcy should be your last resort.

I went bankcrupt 6 years ago and If i knew then what I know now , due to the marvelous cag, I would never have went down that route and i even had the help with the money advice service from TA.

I worked out I would be in better position now if I hadn't and had the saitsfaction i had managed my own affairs and money.

It is not an easy get out clause as many think and I would ask you to seriously to try and work things out like Full and finals as above and the many letters you can send to try and come to agreements with your creditors.

i beleive now that at least 60% of my debts could have cleared due to dodgy CCA's etc.

Have a good read through of the threads,

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi

Send the CCA request to Eversheds if that's who is chasing you,if they don't have it they should then pass it to the Halifax.

Chin up you will receive all the help you need here,you have come to the right place,have a read of some of the threads(if you have not done so already) and you will see just how helpful everyone is:)

If you have any questions just ask and someone will be along to help you.

I nearly did the BR thing 18 months ago. Got as far as filling in the petition.

Then I discovered CAG and my life is almost back to normal.

Best of luck - you will get loads of help.;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I spoke to a guy at CCCS and he recomended Bankruptcy to me as the best way out ? Take into account this is 2 months BEFORE I knew I was going to be in difficulty. Well after reading some of the threads on here it would seem that I was very badly advised. He told me that Bailiffs would not be able to take any of my assets, apart from maybe my car, but they would have to leave you enough money to get a runabout for work purposes ? They would not be able to enter my house to take assets from it either ? That is not what I have read.

So at the end of the day, I totally ignored his 'advice' and will just negotiate on my own from now on, and frustrate the hell out of them, instead of bending over backwards to comply to their demands :)

Pete.

Hi Basmic,

they have 12 + 2 days(working days) for postage,if they do not comply within this time they are in default and cannot enforce the debt until they do comply,they then have a further 30 days (1 calander month) before they have committed an offence.

When or if they supply your CCA,post it on here so that someone can confirm if it is enforceable or not.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't hear from them I suggest perhaps you do write again. I sent cheques with my CCA requests as you can then tell when they have cashed them. With a slightly altered signature of course:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

BEJESUS NO, bankruptcy should not be an option for ten grand debt. Goodness me there are other options I'm sure. I owe more than that right this minute!

I had a period of unemployment last year (6 months .... HELLLLLL and it almost finished me) The only non-legal advice I can give is (I'm sure you've already considered) :

- Tighten the purse strings RIGHT NOW not in a few days/weeks/months time

- If you have any direct debits on your account that you can cancel, do it. Send recorded delivery letters to any you cancel and explain your situation, ask what options are available to you

- If you have a spare room in your house, get a lodger

- Send recorded delivery letters to everyone else you pay money to and explain the situation, asking what options are available to you

- Basic budget cuts:, you could go payg on your mobile, for instance

- Your social life, hmmm nope. you're on sabbatical. :wink:

- Shop cheap: i.e. tesco value, sainsburys basics (shockingly big difference in cost)

- in your letters you send out - state that you authorise people to contact you by LETTER only - believe me I went through hell with creditors phoning me ALL day, every day. Some days I got 32 calls a day (I counted)

- If any renewals pop up while you are unemployed (car insurance etc) - do shop around, I never bothered for years and have just saved three hundred squid on my car insurance

- Tell your family and friends - I can't stress enough how important everyones support was when I eventually told them I was in financial trouble - they might surprise you

- Sign on - by time I even thought about claiming unemployment benefit I'd lost about four months worth (you can only back-claim four weeks if I remember correctly)

- The best advice I got when I had some money to pay creditors was "always offer them SOMETHING, even if it's a fiver, keep them informed and never stop paying" that way they have less to whinge about.

- Come here for advice if your creditors get arsey, which of course they will.

Good luck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks